• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DC, Marvel and Dark Horse Fans Assemble! - The Comic Universe Fanclub -

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023

Welcome

Hi, do you love comics or new to the world of comic books? Either way, this club is perfect for you! In this club members may chat about any type of comic book activity they want to. Discuss comic related movies, tv shows, comic books, games, anything that comes to your mind. Anyone is free to join the club. Hopefully we can ll teach each other a thing or two, while having fun.

Rules and Regulations

- All PC Rules Apply. If you don't know what they are then check them out here. Not abiding by the rules may result in an infraction or temporary leave from the club.
    - Be respectful to others. If you don't agree with someone's opinion, debate with them in a respectful manner. We need no hooligans!! Do not flame in any way whatsoever.
    - Please don't post unrelated content in here. There is much that we can discuss, what you had last night for dinner is not one of them.
    - Once again, anyone may join. It does not matter if you have been a member for 5 years or 5 days.

What is your favorite Comic Book company: DC, Marvel, Dark Horse or other?
    Who is your favorite character?
    What is your favorite comic book TV show or movie?
    Why do you want to join the club?

The League

Bruce Banner
    Shining Raichu
    ℛesolution ❦
    Strawberry
    Esper
    Loki of Sassgard
    LilJz
    Queen of Shipping
    Apollo
    Sector
    Adventure
    Oxidation

Current & Past Topics

Although you are welcome to talk about anything, each week or so I will put up a new topic to spark discussion. This week's topic is: Thor 2

Credits to big sis Alexial for the awesome CSS. YOU. ARE. AWESOME!!!

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • All approved and ready to go!

I'd also like to join! It's been a long time since I've said that about a club lol, so here goes:

(Also before I begin I should be clear that my entire knowledge of comics comes from being a huge fanatic of comic book movies. I've never read or picked up a comic book in my entire life).

Favourite comic company: Marvel, followed by Dark Horse (purely because of Buffy). Not a fan of DC at all.

Who is your favourite character: I would have to say Natasha Romanoff aka The Black Widow.

Favourite comic book TV show/ movie: For a movie The Avengers, for a TV show Agents of SHIELD... unless of course Buffy the Vampire Slayer counts but I don't think it does since it spawned the comic books and not the other way around.

Why do I want to join the club? Comic book movies are one of my many obsessions!

So now to discuss this week's topic - Thor 2 was awesome! Due to odd circumstances with my friends I've actually been to see it four times at the movies but I haven't gotten sick of it. I don't know how much I'm allowed to discuss without being spoilery, but I will say that Loki was at his best, as were Jane and Darcy :D

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
    Years
    1. What is your favorite Comic Book company: DC, Marvel, Dark Horse or other?
      Well I certainly don't like DC that much. And even though I know this statement will get me shot: I don't know who Dark Horse is. So I guess it's Marvel for me :P

2. Who is your favorite character?
      That's a tough one. I'd say the Original Human Torch (Jim Hammond) after seeing him in a number of the previous Secret Avengers' series :3 Although he's slightly less a favorite of mine when compared with Scarlet Witch and her awesome powers that can destroy everything with a snap :D

But, y'know, Human Torch is also one of the first Marvel characters introduced, so, yeah xD
      And let's not forget about Carol Danvers (Miss Marvel/Captain Marvel/Binary/Whatevs)
      I seriously can't decide about those three xD

3. What is your favorite comic book TV show or movie?
      Comic Book? Secret Avengers, I'm infatuated with the drawing style of it :3
      And also Young Avengers, because BillyxTeddy

As for TV Show: Marevl's Agents of Shield. I find it hilarious :]

And movie would be Thor: the Dark World because of Loki xD

4. Why do you want to join the club?
      I heard there would be cake.

@Topic I really enjoyed the movie, although I myself also do not know how I can talk about it without spoiling stuff, so I'll just say it was pretty hilarious. And the ending scenes, my god. But that's all I'll say about it xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Osssum! Two new people added to the League. Thanks for joining guys, hope that we can become friends. :]

@ShiningRaichu: Yesss, love Black Widow. Definitely on of my favorite mainstream girls in the Marvel canon, and she really proved to kick butt in the latest Avengers. Hope to see more of her in the next Avengers. <3

@EliteBeats: Very interesting. It would be cool to see Scarlet Witch in the next Avengers. I don't know too much about her, but I do remember when she created a new, like utopian world. I thought that was crazy. xD

Dark Horse is another comic company like Marvel or DC. I would say that they are big, but are not as noticed as DC or Marvel. Some of their more popualr comic series are Hellboy, Sin City and Buffy the Vampire Slayer (like SR said).

Lol I haven't even seen the newest Thor yet. I have tht and Catching Fire to see in the next week hopefully. xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    ctk.gif

I'm going to have to go with Marvel. I love DC, especially the brother companies (Vertigo!) because they're produced some of the best comics ever. But, that said, Marvel is still closest to my heart. Oh, and Image. They're fantastic.​
    I'm going to pull an anti-hero and go with Venom. Not Eddie Brock, but Flash Thomson Venom. :p​
    Too many to count, dude. The Avengers, X-Men, The Defenders, Fables, The Walking Dead, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, The Amazing Spiderman (despite the... you know), Batman, I mean seriously I can go on forever.​
    Because comics are life~! Also my fave little bro made it so I kinda have to. ;)​

Topic
    I haven't gotten a chance to see it but I'm going to soon! Promise! I've heard nothing but good things though.​

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Thanks for joining big sis!

Oh, Venom nice choice. He's definitely one of my favorite villains on the Marvel villain side. Idk why, but I like Carnage a little more than Venom. He's like Venom's little brother. lol
    My favorite spiderman villain is probably Doctor Octopus, but it changes all the time.

Flash Thompson is like military venom. xD He seems liek a way stronger Venom than his predecessor.

Years
  • What is your favorite Comic Book company: DC, Marvel, Dark Horse or other?
    Marvel, easily. I was a big X-Men fan when I was little and had more toys and things than I can remember. With the Marvel Cinematic Universe now I'm even more entrenched in camp Marvel. DC I don't really know much of beyond Batman and Superman. I don't even properly know what kind of comics Dark Horse has.

There are too many for me to have a favorite. I always liked Rogue, though not as much what they did with her in the X-Men movies.

I'm gonna not answer this one normally because I can't really pick among all the good ones recently, but I'll say that Unbreakable is a really good comic book movie. It's not an adaptation, and it's by M. Knight Shyamalan, but it really is a good movie. One of the best pre-Iron Man I think.

Because I like comic books. :D

Thor: The Dark World is a really fun movie. I like it as much as the first Thor movie, which I think is the best of the Marvel movies. It's got a good mix of fun and serious and Thor is pretty a well developed character that I didn't like at first and now really like a lot. Also, there was a lot more Darcy in this movie and she had some great lines.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Omg I had a cool substitute teacher the other day that was talking about Unbreakable. It was in anatomy and he was showing us the clip where he is talking to the doctor and that he hadn't broken a bone. I heard the opening train wreck sequence is amazing. I really want to see it; I'll probably ask for it for Christmas.

Thanks everyone so far for joining the League. :)

Lol I think that every girl thinks that Thor is hot.

Years
  • Omg I had a cool substitute teacher the other day that was talking about Unbreakable. It was in anatomy and he was showing us the clip where he is talking to the doctor and that he hadn't broken a bone. I heard the opening train wreck sequence is amazing. I really want to see it; I'll probably ask for it for Christmas.

Thanks everyone so far for joining the League. :)

Lol I think that every girl thinks that Thor is hot.
    Spoiler:

Thor is hot. Everyone in the Thor movies is. Okay, well, Stellan Skarsgard and Anthony Hopkins excepted unless you think otherwise no judgement. It's a comic book movie so we get to have unrealistically attractive people.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • What is your favorite Comic Book company: DC, Marvel, Dark Horse or other?

Marvel because I'm much more familiar with it then the others.

Isn't it obvious? Loki! There's something about him that I truly adore. He's got so much sass that to me, he's not like the villains I've ever obsessed over. Not to mention... he's also adorably sexy. :3

I do like Iron Man and Captain America too though. They were pretty awesome in the Avengers, but Loki will always be my most favorite of all.

Thor: The Dark World. I never really could get into the comics.

Well, I do like Marvel. I've actually really gotten in to it more than I should have. Not just because of Loki, the mostly that's the case. I want to learn more about it and hopefully get into it more as they make more movies.

As for the topic, I love love LOVED this movie. Loki was so sassy and sarcastic that I instantly fell in love with him. He made me laugh throughout the whole movie after he helped Thor or whatever. I beg to differ on Thor being hot because Loki is hotter.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!1one!!!!!!!!!!1!1111

COMEC BEWK FEN CLOOOOBBBBB!!!!!!11!!1!!!

Kinda hard to say. For the characters I'd go with Marvel. For the storylines, I'd go with DC.

DC: Batman
    Marvel: Hulk
    Dark Horse: Hellboy

Favorite Show: The Marvel & DC TAS.

Huge comic book fan :3

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • So, about Thor 2... best part ever in the whole movie:

Loki is so sassy in this movie. Thor 2 ruined my life. XD

I admit to being a Loki fangirl. He's a life ruiner...

Years
  • ^ Broken youtube link alert

This is the link.

The Dark World certainly helped keep alive all the Loki fangirls in the post-Avengers lull. But I wonder if he's going to be back again. Is there even any rumor of a Thor 3? There are already so many other characters I would want to see who don't have movies yet.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • ^ Broken youtube link alert

This is the link.

The Dark World certainly helped keep alive all the Loki fangirls in the post-Avengers lull. But I wonder if he's going to be back again. Is there even any rumor of a Thor 3? There are already so many other characters I would want to see who don't have movies yet.

Apparently, I don't know how to use the youtube tag.

Thor 3 has been confirmed, as far as I know. I think the amount of Loki fans is what made Thor 2 gain so much popularity. I mean, it topped the Incredibles in less than a week. Tom Hiddleston has gained a huge amount of fangirls for his role as Loki as well. I heard from someone at the imax theatre where I saw it that the theatre was literally PACKED with people to see that movie.

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind seeing it again because Loki is just that adorable.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • No spoilers! stahp! >_<

I have yet to see the first and second movie, despite my huge Marvel love =/

My girlfriend was actually surprised to find out I haven't watched the Thor movies yet lol =/

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • No spoilers! stahp! >_<

I have yet to see the first and second movie, despite my huge Marvel love =/

My girlfriend was actually surprised to find out I haven't watched the Thor movies yet lol =/

I take it she's a Loki fan? XD

I'm serious though. Loki has gained so much popularity. I went from having 197 followers to 259 in less than week on Tumblr because of my Loki obsession. O_O That's never happened to me before. Loki has to be one of the greatest villains ever if not the hottest. :P

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • Being one of Avengers main enemy, I'm sure he's one of the greatest villain to take on a whole hero squad :P

In 2013, the MTV Movie Awards reported Loki received a staggering 80+% of the overall votes in its Best Villain category, winning by an unprecedented landslide in a category with strong contenders such as Bane from "The Dark Knight Rises" and Javier Bardem in "Skyfall."
    Go figure.

Believe me, once you see Thor 2... you'll be jumping in line to be recruited into Loki's army as well. :P It's not just that, but he's so sassy and sarcastic that omg... you seriously have to see him in action.

I so did not see this but...

Omg Loki was a babe, right?​

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I hope I'm not spoiling anything by mentioning that there are some hidden extras in and after the credits of Thor 2.

Spoiler:

Back