View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2007 (08:26 AM). Edited April 16th, 2011 by Grovyle42(Griff8416).
No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to Grovyle42(Griff8416) Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Grovyle42(Griff8416) Send a message via Yahoo to Grovyle42(Griff8416)
** Sorry I made a new topic but I couldn't edit the title of the last one.

Rated 14A (or PG-13) - Violence and gore, language, some mature themes, and sexual innuendo.

Genre- Action/Adventure, Drama, some Romance.

You probably already know this but I still have to say:
“Example” is for humans and pokemon speaking their native tongues.
“<Example>” is for Pokemon translated into English.
Example” is for people/pokemon in thought.

I'll add each chapter once I feel it is done to it's best, so don't get too impatient as I have most chapters done and just need some editing.

Chapter List
0.Prologue (1st Rewrite)
1.The Launch of a Journey (1st Rewrite)
2.The Roots of a Friendship (1st Rewrite)
3.Retributions (1st Rewrite)
4.The Revival of a Friendship (1st Rewrite)
5.To Leave the Nest (1st Rewrite)
6.And This is What You Get...
7.On a Wing and a Prayer
8.A Head as Hard as Rock
9.The Breaking Point---(Continued)
10.Nobody Said it was Easy---Continued)
11.Now Isn't Forever---(Continued)
12.Home is Where the Heart Is
13.Isolation
14.Salvation---(Continued)
15.Shock and Terror---(Continued)
16. Exile: Part 1
16. Exile: Part 2
17. Truth or Reconciliation
18.Cutting to the Chase
19.Escape
20.Shock of the Lightning
21.Resolve
22.Training Day
23.Turnabout.
24.Lost and Found---Continued
25.Deserted
26.Fossil Fuels
27.The Meteor Stratagem
28.Magma Rising

PM List:

Tigrerra
Spirit Albarn♫

The prologue is much, much shorter than my usual chapters, since it's only here to set the mood and anticipation for the story. Oh and I know I'm not supposed to call the Prologue "Prologue" but I wanted to put it there for formality. Once I post the first few chapters, the prologue will seem more in place.

Prologue

Everything was a dark green and brown blur in my eyes. The colors moved around in my eyes, I was unable to focus while I sprinted. All that I focused on was running away. I ran through the eerie, misty forest, bounding over roots and branches. There were few beams of light trying to enter the forest, clearly seen in the haze.

I didn’t know WHAT I was running from but I knew that I had to run. I knew I was being chased, I could sense it. Out of the corner of my eye I could see what appeared to be a moving shape… perhaps a figure, running beside me. It blended in with the forest but had a blur of red moving on it as it ran by my side, like there was a piece of the forest running with me. The red was the only way that I knew that it wasn’t part of the underbrush.

The plantlife that I dashed in became denser. I felt myself trip over a hard, unwavering root and fall face first into the bushes and grass. I lay in the ground, expecting the worse. When it didn’t arrive I tried to get up and move forward, but my legs wouldn’t let me. I used my right arm to try and crawl forward, grabbing at plants and weeds to help pull me along.

The dim figure in front of me extended its hand. I tried to grab it but I couldn’t reach. I looked up and saw a beautiful, almost angelic, shape of a girl I knew beside the figure. Behind them shined a blinding light. The girl had brown-red hair and smooth, natural skin. She smiled sweetly at me with an innocent yet beautiful face. I tried to grab for them but the two continued to be forever out of my reach. I tried to get up again but my legs were limp so I fell back to the ground. I moved forwards using only my hands to drag the rest of my body.

I heard whispers and high, raspy shrieks of the unknown creature echoing, coming from all around me. They boomed through the forest as if they were everywhere… but I knew they were only getting closer to me. They gradually grew louder and I struggled, helpless.

I looked down at my left arm and saw a gigantic gash appear down my bicep. The flesh was completely ripped from that part of my upper arm. I could see the insides of my arm: inside the gash were: still pumping veins and arteries, muscles which quivered in contraction, and exposed tissues. The arm stung with a cold numbness, but surprisingly no pain. I was horrified by the grizzly sight; I could feel every muscle in my chest constrict in fear.

Oh, Arceus…my arm… its insides… ” I thought in terror.

I felt as if I should vomit but I couldn’t. IT… did this! The next strike and I was sure I’d be dead.

There was echoing of screeches all around, I saw the glint of a metal blade in the very corner of my eye.

This is it.

Swish!

Pain. A horrible, piercing pain was felt in my head. It was not the dull pain of a headache, but more like someone… or something, slashed me in the head. All I then saw, seconds after, was a blinding light and a neutral sense of purgatory

All I saw was white.
PC Family so far: Cousin - ScytheMaster, Awesomest Sister - Diamondpearl876, Brother - Rebellious Treecko (PM one of us if you want to join it)

------------
Click Below for The Awesome Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile Club
Older Fic banner by Scenice.
Old Fic banner by Sammi-Chan.
New Fic banner by Scenice
Banner and avatar by Anastasia R.