View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2009, 09:06 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by koopaman View Post
well, i been reading this and is there a team like rocket or galatic?
Yep; if you read the first post, you'll see that there is an 'evil team' known as the Necros Organization.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Judah View Post
but anywho...this game looks great. I especially love the menu. The starter pokemon look pretty cool especially Charcub.
Its name was actually changed to Ignicub a while ago; I just haven't got around to updating the userbars until now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelous View Post
You have to pay for RPG Maker XP, but you can get a trial from a bunch of sites... here is the official site for XP: http://tkool.jp/products/rpgxp/eng/download.html
Also, keep in mind that you need the RTP to play test games or to play most RPG Maker-made games.
Actually, it's possible to disable the RTP dependency. You won't need to download anything separately to play Amethyst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRexion View Post
Hey Wichu do you need any more Spriters to Sprite NPC's,
I would like to help out, If you need an example of my ability working
with your Template, I will put them up
Mind PMing me them? I do need one or two more OW spriters...
Quote:
Originally Posted by giraman View Post
One of the best games I've seen here. I support this 100%! But this is such a huge project. Would you mind if I make a forum if you haven't, to organize this even farther?
I already have a development forum; the link is in my signature. I'm thinking about setting up a website for this game later, too; I'll create a better forum then.

Anyway, I haven't posted here in a while On the bright side, I have a lot of free time for a few weeks, so I'll try and get the demo of this finished. Don't count on it, though

I've done a bit of housekeeping of this thread. I updated the first post with a couple more screenshots, although you've probably seen most of them before. I also added descriptions of two new areas.
You might have noticed that I've changed a couple of names; firstly, 'Team Necro' has been changed to 'Necros Organization'. I don't think 'Team' sounds sinister enough. Secondly, the route names have been changed. As Amethyst has no relation to Johto, I didn't think it was necessary to continue Nintendo's route numbering scheme from 47; instead, I've opted for an approach used in the Sevii Islands in FR/LG - I've given each route a unique name rather than just a number.
Lastly, I've finally gotten around to updating the starter userbars with their new designs. If you can't see a difference, try clearing your cache. Also, if any of you already have one of the old ones, there's no need to change it - it should now show the new one (again, clear your cache if it doesn't) :D

So, what was the minigame I was talking about last time? You should have guessed it by now; it's appeared in every official game so far.
Spoiler:

That's right; I've created a slot machine script Now the Coin Case is no longer a useless item!
I actually started making this as a reaction to Nintendo of Europe removing the slot machines from European versions of Platinum, which in my opinion, is a bit silly. Nobody's complained for over 10 years, so why remove them now?

I really need to start working on Amethyst regularly again I've just had exams, and I've been relaxing for the past week or two, not really doing anything productive