View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2009 (01:35 AM).
Trikeboy
Mime Jr.

Hmm, so did you use poccils starter kit and just replace the tiles and character sets with the default RMXP tiles and character sets? Or was it done completely from scratch (which might be a bit harder unless your good at scripting)? Btw, your very good at mapping. Looks great.
Pretty much just used the tiles and characters that come with RMXP. Otherwise I would have needed to come up with a whole world tileset by myself and I'm not that good a spriter. The default tiles give the game the right feel for the time line.

Quote originally posted by waynes world:
Your character is to bug and this doesnt look like a pokemon type game sorry
Sorry you don't like the look, but that is what I was going for. I know some will not like the look but a lot of games here all look the same. I am just trying to be different. It's the little differences that help something evolve. Remember that the events of the game take place 600 years before the games we are all familiar with.

BTW, I am not criticizing other games for the way they look. We all have our personal tastes. It's just that many users are using Kyledove's set and while they look fantastic, they are getting overused. I was using them for a while but the screenshots looked like they could have come from any other game.

Oh, what does "Your character is to bug" mean? I am a 27 year old from the UK so that is something I am probably too old or too foreign to understand.
I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.