• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One is plenty

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
  • ITT: After having given birth to my firstborn last week I realized how much stress it was to bear even one child. It's just so much work to walk around with a large lump of flesh around your stomach and all the discomforting feelings throughout, not to mention the moment of birth itself. That isn't to say that I don't love my child, though, as I really, really do. Originally we were going to pop out two more... But, after the first one, I'm going to say that one is more than enough and me and my husband have both agreed that it would be a lot easier to give attention to one child than three.

So my question is:
    Do you plan on having children? If so, what will you name them? Do you have gender preferences? If not, why not?

Okay joke's over. Thanks for being a good sport, everyone.
    Oh, yeah, I'm a guy. Can't give birth.

I'm not so sure I want a child in the future, but if I decide to, I'm definitely adopting because I'm very adverse to passing down bad genes. Also... Ya know. Two boys thing.

Last edited:

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I want two children at the most but I'm starting to feel one is plenty seriously. The reason I said two was because I wouldn't want my other child to be bored and not have another sibling to talk to, fight, argue with, play games with, etc.

I don't want any girls, too expensive IMO, I want two boys but life is unfair so I will maybe get girls instead. I'm already planning on naming one son Kai but I'm undecided for second cool sounding name :<. If a girl then I haven't really thought about what to name a girl yet but I do have some names in mind.

And congrats Gym :D

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
  • Giving birth with 17? :S
    Well, congrats anyway, best of luck :)

On topic: I would like t have 5 children. Yes five! I would like to have more boys than girls, but since that could not happen, in 5 children, it's probable that at least one is a boy! xD , the same to the girls, I would not like to have 5 boys..

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • As for myself, I do want to have children. I'd like three, preferably two boys and a girl. I don't think I could handle two girls. It's just...a mess. I imagine two boys are too, but I don't really know. As for names, I'm a little weird on the matter, haha. I'm all about having an original name, because my name was just lazy. "Here, let's name him our middle names" "Okay, sounds good to me!"

Spoiler:

Edit: OMG GYMNOTIDE I HATE YOU :(

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I thought there was already a baby thread... Am I wrong?

Years
  • Congratulations on having a baby :)

Personally I don't want children. They're way too noisy and not worth the effort, especially before the age of five. It's too early to know if I'll end up being a father some day but I'm not really one for having kids. But I do like the idea of naming them. I can't decide on what name I'd use if it was a boy but I like the name Violet for a girl.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    My mum was 17 when she had me. She said she'd never have any more. She had two more little boys after 14 years later. You might change your mind later.

I don't want children. I don't know if my mind is going to change on that, but I don't want to be tied down to a screaming, needy child. Sound insensitive? Then just be glad I don't want any and I am happy to abstain from sex to make sure that never happens.

My boyfriend is religious and believes in no sex until after marriage, so it's cool with him too. Sadly, though, he actually wants children in the future. I don't know how that one is going to work out. If he wants children he should be able to have them but it would involve destroying our relationship. It might be necessary to break up over it when it comes to it, I don't think I could live with denying him children when he really wants them.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I just realised I can't even provide children even if I did want them. I'd have to convert to his religion to get married to him, which is impossible because I don't believe in God.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I want babies, yes :D
    Preferably two. More than that would be too much to handle I think. XD I'm thinking of a boy and a girl. One of each gender.
    I don't really have any gender preferences. Having both a boy and girl would be awesome :D I haven't really decided on names yet..

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Yes, as far as naming goes I have a few in mind but Tsukune (Boy) Moka(Girl) is one xD, I don't really have a gender preference.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I never really wanted children but my pair wants one. He'd be a great dad so maybe someday I hope to have a boy. Maybe around when I'm 30 or so, so I can provide for the child.

Dunno what I'd name it, though.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I plan on adopting, but not for a fair few years yet. XD I'll make it clear to my S.O. (assuming I have one by then) that I have my heart set on adoption, and see what they think. But if I fell pregnant in the intervening period then I wouldn't get rid of that child or anything.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • As a male, I have no say in how many children my mate and I will eventually have, but I'd prefer to keep it to the less than 3 range, and mostly boys. :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    me and my boyfriend have gone from "no we're not letting a contract define our love and children are just annoying burdens!!!!!!!!" to "lets get married and raise children together and they'll grow and have children who will grow and have children and science will advance so we can still be alive to spoil our grandkid's grandkid's grandkid's n________n"

so yes, we've planned a bit. we're leaning towards adopting a boy and a girl, we've agreed to name the girl Alice but we haven't decided on a boy name yet. i like the name Henry, but my boyfriend isn't totally on board with that, so we'll just have to see >o>

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I'm almost certain that I want two children, first a girl then a boy. For the girl I'd think I'd name her Blair, not sure about the boy though.

Yes, as far as naming goes I have a few in mind but Tsukune (Boy) Moka(Girl) is one xD, I don't really have a gender preference.

I'd feel sorry if your kids stumbled onto Rosario+Vampire by accident.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Okay joke's over. Thanks for being a good sport, everyone.
    Oh, yeah, I'm a guy. Can't give birth.

I'm not so sure I want a child in the future, but if I decide to, I'm definitely adopting because I'm very adverse to passing down bad genes. Also... Ya know. Two boys thing.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I can't stand babies, but I may end up adopting an older child if I ever choose to get married and my wife ends up wanting kids. I'm not too sure about the gender.

Last edited:

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • I would totally love to have children; a girl and only one (which will be named Rosalina. =D) and I wanted to do so for a while, now. But by how things are going, I'll adopt a little girl and raise her; if I have a job by next year and know I'll remain in it, I'll do it next year. If not, I'll wait 6 years from now; yeah, 'till I'm 25.

Back