View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2011 (02:39 AM).
The Verdant

Nature: Mild
I'm going to take a moment to note that I've used the same title for at least three other rain RMTs, and so has a bunch of other people. :>

Moving onto the rate, I would recommend you replace your Bronzong with Ferrothorn, as the latter will definitely be a big help to counter Gyarados, and does basically the same thing as Bronzong. I'd consider using this spread:

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 244 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave / Protect / Spikes
- Power Whip / Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
yes i totally just stole this set from flamehaze

The basic idea is, switch it in on Gyarados as it Dragon Dances/Waterfalls, Leech Seed it and see what happens. Thunder Wave can be used for eh moments (by that I mean full paralysis ;o), and Protect does basically the same thing, bar the speed decrease. Spikes is a good run for your money if your foe is locked into Outrage. Also the rain decreases its fire weakness by half, so it's in the correct environment. Run Power Whip if you run Thunder Wave, protect otherwise. Stealth Rock is obvious, I should think.

Now looking at your current structure, I can see one major problem if you decide to replace Bronzong. Yep, Excadrill will run riot this team (with my said changes). For this case I'd suggest either CB Huge Power Azumarill or Tank Rotom-W, since both enjoys a decent boost from the rain. I'm not sure on who to replace, but my best guess would be either Scizor or Ludicolo, which makes you somewhat Latios-weak since it outspeeds ScarfToed, but then again Toxicroak's Sucker Punch will do a ton of damage. The sets I have in mind are, respectively, as follows:

Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

I have this gut feeling that I'm missing a threat somewhere, but for now I just can't seem to find it, so eh. Hope I helped. :>

Tree o Tree
will never give up growing
let's not give up forgiving
because they do not know what they are doing.