View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2012 (02:39 PM).
Say my name, silverflame, take control
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by weedle_mchairybug:
Unfortunately, they still didn't do a good job in a total restart. Otherwise, they either would have replaced Ash, period, or even just had him not bring Pikachu to Unova, period. That is a true fresh start to everything.
Even though it appears that a lot of people want to see a new main character, I don't think that'd get that positive a reaction from most of the fans. Many have grown up watching the earlier seasons of Pokémon, with Ash at the time being kind of their idol, so replacing him would prooobably not make the ones who're still fans very happy.

Though to be honest, I think the one that would cause the most of hassle if they were replaced in the show would be Pikachu. It's kinda the mascot for the franchise as a whole, and even more for the anime, so replacing him wouldn't be the smartest move ever.

Though I do agree with you that if they were aiming for an actual reboot of the series, they needed to do more than making Brock leave and reintroducing a few things from the first seasons, though I don't think replacing either Ash or Pikachu would be a good idea, especially since the anime is all about Ash's journey to become Pokémon master.