View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2012, 04:39 PM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
^That's really the point of CD, though. Crystal Dust is so impressive simply because it's a pure remake, something I usually loathe. It uses advanced and creative hacking techniques to replicate that of GSC, rather than taking liberties to make something new at the expense of various features. Thus, it is original in it's own right, as no other game actually does what it does, I'd say decrying the game for that would be a mistake, but it's subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdrule View Post
if all that hacking prowess had been used for say, Snakewood with its more original story (and maybe refined a little). Was precisely thinking if Snakewood has better graphics/sounds/ASM...perhaps some grimy L4D2/Fallout esque post apocalyptic tilesets/mapping plus better designed sprites for the Fakemon (rather than just recolor), woot. What about custom music relating to zombie themed pop culture? We would easily had ourself a Hack of the Year.

Felt it was wasted on a hack which already has countless remakes. Already have more than enough my fill of nostalgia playing HGSS/Shiny Gold/LiquidCrystal/Gen2 hacks etc thank you.
Great, but I wasn't contributing to any argument or debate, I was just making a general statement.

Last edited by machomuu; August 6th, 2012 at 04:46 PM.