View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:52 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

By format, Digi means what cards are allowed at official events. There are several different MTG formats. Limited is the name for the format used at set pre-releases, while Standard is the dominant format used for official tournaments and events that tie into the World Championships, with other formats being used fairly infrequently by Wizards.

I was into Magic in the past, but I've kind of lost interest recently and am basically just sitting on my collection of cards, playing casually on occasion. I'm far more into the Pokemon TCG.

I did frequently go to prereleases and occasionally official tournaments like Regionals back in 2008-2010, though. I used the Bant shard in my attempt at playing Midwest Regionals in 2009, but I went a horrid 0-6 because Bant was a weaker shard.

I do own the Premium Sliver Deck, though, which is entirely composed of reverse holo cards. Glorious to behold, really. As are all all-holofoil decks from just about every TCG.

My only presently-intact decks I have are an all-sets Burn deck, and a primarily Shards Block (Shards of Alara and related sets) Naya deck.