Thread: [Developing] Pokémon Apex Version
View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2012 (05:38 AM). Edited November 10th, 2012 by UltimateDillon.
Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Harvey_Create:
i think you should just upgrade to B/W graphics, or D/P but keep one screen. it gets to difficult with two screens. at least in my opinion.
I've already decided on HG/SS because the tiles for B/W and D/P aren't as readily available as HG/SS. Also, I've mentioned before that I'm sticking to one screen.

Quote originally posted by hansiec:
First off:
The mapping is good, but try removing some trees and add things such as cliffs, and let's not forget some scenery like flowers, small rocks, bushes, and small trees.

The region map is great.

The overworlds should be changed to HGSS style to make it look better.

Also, I don't like the part about borrowing a pokemon to defeat the first gym leader, this actually in my sense ruins the attribute of accomplishing things yourself.

Finally, you don't need to do this, but shouldn't you list why the people are in your credits? (Even if you know why)
First of all, the maps are very much unfinished and my mapper hasn't been online in a very long time so I'm looking for a replacement once again. Secondly, I have the HG/SS overworlds ready to be imported into the game. I even had to clean up the sprite sheet I got because it was messy and wouldn't have event worked

Quote originally posted by gimmepie:
Good to see that you're still working on this. I'll download the latest version soon and should be able to get back to helping you out with things soon also.
Thanks. I told you I will get this game done. Even if it takes me two or three years

I have actually not worked in ages. I'm kinda in an awkward situation trying to build my new computer but some of the parts were DOA so the game's files are on an External HDD at the minute.

And now, an apology:
Sooo... I haven't been here in a while, but I'm back and I have good news and bad news. Well the good news is, the project isn't dead. In fact, it's very much alive... Sort of. This leads me to the bad news which comes in three parts. The first thing is that the files are currently on an External Hard Drive, waiting to be transferred over to my unfinished gaming computer. I was hoping to have the comp by now but since a few of the parts were DOA, I have had quite a bit of an unanticipated delay. The second part is that my mapper has disappeared, and by disappeared I mean he hasn't been online in over a month which means the mapper post is once again, available for the taking - not like anyone wanted to do it anyway. Finally, the third piece of bad news is that Call of Duty: Black Ops II comes out on Tuesday and... well you catch my drift. I will try to work on it as much as possible when - or if - I get my computer up and running.

That's it for this update and I would like to remind you the latest build is still available near the top of the original post. Thank You.