Thread: Hack Series: Pokémon Throwback: Kanto Refined
View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2012 (7:32 PM).
Pakachew use tunder wipe now!!!

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIQ View Post
No, I run gpSP on my phone which runs Maemo.
A quick check show that I'm running gpSP 2.0.1.

(I have 2 emulators of choice on my phone -- VGBA which runs slow and has several bugs, and gpSP which seems to run better than VBA does on my computer lol)

I can try to get a screenrecord of a short play which shows a soundtrack that I find sounding wrong, which sound OK on my computer, so you can compare it with the PSP version of gpSP to see if they sound the same.
Different versions of gpSP for different devices and by different developers are coded entirely differently, so comparing between two of them would be like comparing two completely different emulators. I don't know how Maemo works, but just looking at its gpSP's own compatibility list makes me feel skeptical about its accuracy. Not only is the list a bit lacking (games like Mega Man Zero don't work), but other commonly-played games require workarounds (Super Mario Advance 4, for instance).

What phone are you using, by the way? If it has at least a 1GHz processor, I'd suggest checking out GBA.emu on the Play Store. It's by a well-regarded emulator developer and it's based right off of one of the newest versions of VBA-M, so you can rely on it for good performance. Othewise I don't know what to tell ya, a lot of GBA emulators don't account for proper GB Synth emulation until later into development. This is especially true for GBA emulators made for portable devices.

Who says hacks have to radically changes things up from their base games?
Click Red to check out a "definitive" version of his adventure in Kanto!