View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2012 (12:17 PM).
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Cosmotone8:
Okay, not sure if this is true, but I've heard some rumors (that I would like to believe true) of a teacher saving as many as 20 kindergartners by hiding them in various different places around her room, i.e. in a cabinet/closet and various other places. When Lanza came in, she told him the kids were in another room. He shot her and moved on, saving the kids. Again, just a rumor, but still. Her name was Victoria Soto, and she was only 27.
Also, while there may not be a drug that directly suppresses Aspergers, there are drugs that can dim the side effects of depression and irritability and other things associated with Aspergers. The same is true for a lot of other mental illnesses.
I heard two variations. One, like what you said, where the kids were out of sight. The other, where all kids fit in the washroom (reasonable, as another teacher did the same thing), but she did not (while the other teacher in the other case did) and stood by the door. When the gunman came by she said the kids were in the gym.

The only silver lining, if possible, from this whole situation were the stories of the teachers. Had the children cover their eyes as they walked out of the school. Told them the noise they were hearing was a jack hammer. Protected them. Repeatedly told them that they were loved.

Tried to protect them physically and emotionally.