View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2012 (09:14 AM).
Route 35, there I am.

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
It was never meant to be new to begin with; it was trying to be more like the first generation with all the mechanics introduced from the later gens.
That's the problem. It should have meant to be new to begin with. Ever since lg/fr all we have been getting is games that are trying to be like the old games but with new mechanics. Why do we another one attempting to do this?

I don't understand this reason. :/
Okay, um, it's trying to be like other RPGs instead of it's own story. It started during R/S/E where it started to be more about saving the world from a very powerful being. Now, there is was trying to copy other good RPGs. In B/W it tries to copy bad RPGs by adding in unnecessary drama, poorly done plots, odd locations, etc. There are so many things that they are clearly just taking elements from other RPGs and it doesn't work in this series.

Pokemon was never meant to be challenging; that's why players make up their own challenges such as the Nuzlocke Challenge. The supposed in-game challenges you've went through was due to errors developers made during the making of these games such as Psychic types being Game Breakers.
Battles aren't challenges? Gyms aren't challenges? Problem solving isn't a challenge?
Of course Pokemon was meant to be challenging! If it wasn't it'd be a game where all you have to do to win is walk forward. I have no idea what you're talking about.
Now granted, I'm not saying B/W is as easy as just walking forward but it's not as challenging. The map in linear, grinding is easier, catching Pokemon is easier, everything is easier for the casual player. The only things that are actually challenging in the games are only challenging because they made them needlessly complicated.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - The Dungeon Master/Ragewar