Thread: [Demo] Pokemon Indigo League
View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2012, 04:56 PM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Krazy_Meerkat
The 8-way movement gfx was glitching out whenever a party member was following, so I spent a while fixing it to be perfect..
I added 8-way collision-detection (you will slide off the edge of things) and I fixed 8-way ledge-checking..
Other than that, I've been re-hashing the music a little.. The title theme music (epic megaman bgm), while I felt was in theme with the style, I decided it was too strong and found something a little more restrained. I also found some music for intro parts that had none, some elevator music for the post-title-menu and a few other bits and pieces.

I'm thinking strongly about taking on the battle system after some finalisations are made.. I've already got most of what I need data-wise.. I'm just not sure about dumping the old battle system.. Also, if I did start to go through with it, I'd probably alter the damage, exp and stat formulae to work on a per-hit gain and also to favour stats used by attacks. That's a big job.. Not to mention, I'd have to create a few new gui's for the system, and graphics *sigh* are not my strongest skill.. So.. I'll just see what I can manage..

On an ending note, the game is making great progress towards the goal of re-doing the entire demo with the new engine. After a bit more tinkering, it'll be back to the "3d" lab to work on some more objects, hopefully finish Oak's Lab and a couple of decoration things..

Merry X-Mas to everyone for tomorrow (2-days time if ya in the US)
Best wishes - KM

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.