View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Mr. Avocado
Shall We Begin?
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcjboi View Post
I'm sure everyone feels the $60 price tage is being casually thrown on every new console game and some don't even deserve 30-40. A good tie-in with this is piracy, and chances are most people who full out disagree/usually buy their games used will either move to microsoft (assuming they don't do the same) and become a 360 gamer or they will become more PC Gaming oriented. I think that this move wasn't a very smart one and very unessisary. I will probably switch to PC gaming as console gaming alltogether is looking really ridiculous to me. If you ask me, all this is warrienting is an invitation for someone to exploit this system. I just don't want gaming to be entirely controlled by the company that produces the consoles and hopefully developers can have a say in how much is restricted in their game. Also the only gaming store within 50 miles of where I live is a Gamestop and I don't think this is going to go well with them.... hopefully not bad enough to make them move....
Hmm...I agree with you in the fact that people will switch consoles, because it will happen; especially with gamers that are on low budget and could just buy a 720 (or 360) which will probably be around the same price as the PS4 and would buy games for cheaper. You say console gaming is becoming ridiculous to you, Xbox haven't had any problems as of late, the PS3 is doing well with problems earlier on this year, other consoles seem to be doing fine. You can't say console gaming is ridiculous based on the fact that Sony are going to use this system for PS4 games. It doesn't mean that other consoles will start to do the same thing. I don't think that doing this to games is entirely controlling the consoles; it's just a way to stop people from selling their games, and also for people to have to be paying more for pre-owned games. I don't know how much more it will be, but it won't be higher than the RRP.

In the long run, a lot of people will still be buying pre-owned games for the PS4, even though the price is higher. Eager gamers will still be buying games left, right and center. But Playstation gamers will also go for the 720/PC instead of getting the PS4 knowing about this system. As Fabio mentioned, it is protecting their income. I guess all we can do now is wait and see how everything pans out.