Thread: Video Games DCC
View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2013 (12:41 PM). Edited January 23rd, 2013 by machomuu.
Don't think, feel.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Pave Low:
Wind Waker...I heard a bunch of news surrounding it and it looks promising. I'm glad they haven't gone for the amazing graphics, but gone for the cartoon look; makes it feel like a Zelda game should feel.
You don't think the graphics that the tech demo presented fit Zelda? It's not a wholly light-hearted series (and Wind Waker isn't a wholly light-hearted game, though it does interesting things with the cartoony graphics and the darker tones), but I thought graphics like those in the tech demo and Twilight Princess complimented the games well. Though, that's just me. I don't have anything against the cartoon art style; in fact, I liked it quite a bit in Wind Waker and Skyward Sword.

Quote originally posted by Captain Fabio:
No! >:(

Leave Wind Waker alone. WW was the last LoZ game that I liked. It looks like they are just porting it over really. Graphics look more polished than upgraded and they have added MOAR GLARE!
Yeah, it's an HD remake. Difference between HD remakes and normal remakes (as I'm sure you know) is that, well, HD remakes are mostly just HD; other than that, they usually don't add much (though it's not uncommon for games, such as Wind Waker, to add new modern features to compliment the modern hardware). I prefer normal remakes (though SoTC, Metal Gear Solid, and Okami have nice HD remakes), but people have been clamoring for an HD remake of WW for a long time, so it was a given.

Quote originally posted by Captain Fabio:
Also, Monolithsoft, isn't that just Zack from Final Fantasy: Crisis Core? :/
Fabio. Fabio. Fabio. FABIO. Don't insult Monolith like that >:(

Though, pretty much everything that was talked about has me interested. Probably the most exciting thing was the know Monolith game (I'm guessing it'll be a link between Xenoblade and either Xenogears or Xenosaga), which pretty much made the Wii U a mandatory system for me. I'm also very interested in the Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem game (which was really out of nowhere); I don't know if I see it coming over though, since only 2 of the 4 Shin Megami Tensei games are localized (technically 1 of the 3, if you don't count "If..." or "Strange Journey) and a good number of the Fire Emblem games aren't, either. Oh well, I'll remain hopeful.