View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2013 (06:25 PM).
FBI agent
If my PM box is full, VM instead :x

Quote originally posted by SpadeEdge16:
Rating map by X80relianthop: It's a pretty good base, but you could use a bit more to fill it up, like some trees in the blank spaces, also it has a mart and pokecenter, so id assume there would be people there to use them, so maybe a little house or two. These are all just things that could be added, its a nice set up for now. the only thing i dont particularly like is the bottom right where there's grass for wild pkmn in the small corner, i would say either add more throughout the map, or at least make it stand out more than being secluded in a corner.
my rating: 6/10

My map:
FR hack
name: pallet, route1, viridian city, route 22, route 2, pewter city
This will be my map for the demo that i will soon be releasing for my hack, the demo will go up through pewter city, viridian forest is also included, its the grouping of trees on route 2. I threw them all together to get an overall rating. im just trying to keep most of the original cities, but with maps edited to what i personally like, or edited for storyline purposes. Let me know what you think!
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c304/starkat_/GAMEMAP_zps8d6717cc.png
also, i know its pretty small, feel free to save it so you can take a better look at it, if you wish. but if you know the kanto map, it should be pretty easy to tell what's what
That map, atleast for me, doesn't zoom in all the way. It's pretty blurry. Though from what I can see you're trying to adopt a "natural" mapping style type. Sadly from this far I can't spot any tile errors (I say sadly but it's normally good if there aren't tile errors :P), maybe if you post one part at a time it'd be easier.

Oh, and another thing I noticed is that you're editing existing maps. It's OK to do so and there's no problem with it, but when it's noticeable it seems a little sub par. Maybe if you changed the map connections? Like instead of the home town branching up, and the second town branching up...ect like the default Fire Red game. You should change it :)

Yeah, I can't rate you without a clear map but from what I can see it looks pretty good.

My turn!

Spoiler:

EDIT:
Credits to Kyledove and Cope for tiles
BTW You initially go from left to right

My name forum name is FBI Agent, though you can call me FBI because it's shorter.

Some of my stuff:
ASM request/resource thread
ASM tutorials thread
ASM Workshop