View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2013 (06:18 AM).
Xlugon Pyro
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Bold
For those who may be interested: I have been brainstorming as of late and have been bouncing around new RP game ideas. Give me your feedback if either of these interest you or if you'd like to help me expand upon them or co-GM them. If I get a good response, I might try to put it together and start it up.

First up is my rough idea for a Naruto ninja RP (Teen or Mature):
Spoiler:
This RP would take place in the future after the events of the Naruto anime and manga. I may also consider an alternate timeline instead but that will undoubtedly complicate things.

The plot will begin around the time before the chunin exams where most players will be playing genin in squads preparing for the exams. Things take an interesting turn during and after the exams later on in the RP but I'm not sure what I want to happen at this point. Some players will be able to sign-up with secondary characters, but they will be background characters while the RP itself focuses on the genin participating in the exams. I'm not sure how I want to deal with players being of certain clans or heritages or being related to characters from the series, so right now that possibility is in the air.

As for what village or which villages will be playable or what I want to have happened to the tailed beasts and jinchuriki has yet to be decided. Including jinchuriki might be a problem due to a huge problem in the balance of power that these people would possess so it's something I'd have to think about.

It would require people who can dedicate enough time to it so that the plot can progress. In particular, people would need to be able to post a few times a week minimum, but they wont need to be super posts or anything but just enough to actually allow the RP to progress. I could make it possible for new players to join throughout the RP but the sign-up criteria would have to change for these new players, especially during the chunin exams.
This one has quite a bit of fleshing out that I'd need to do plot-wise but I think it could turn into a pretty interesting RP.

My second idea is an alternate Pokemon universe in either a quasi-renaissance high fantasy setting or a sci-fi fantasy setting explained in the second spoiler (Mature):
Spoiler:
This RP would take a more sandboxish route but with goals to accomplish throughout the RP that would require frequent interaction with players, often to complete similar tasks. The high fantasy element comes into play with how Pokemon are able to be used by humans and explains how their powers work, and the time period would correspond with a mix of medieval and renaissance themes as well as some pre-industrial aspects in place.

Essentially, players will play as Pokemon knights, wizards, etc. that are in essence the world's equivalent of Pokemon trainers. I'm leaning against the inclusion of races like elves, dwarves, or things more bizarre, but I could very well include different clans, nations, and sects of humans that vary slightly in appearance but are all essentially human.

The plot idea I have at the moment revolves around the traveling to temples and the defeating of their head monk, high priest, etc. which would be similar to gym battles. It would be some sort of Pokemon journey RP, but with more mature themes mainly due to the violence and the fact that Pokemon battling isn't just for fun, but for war, and their superhuman powers make Pokemon incredibly powerful weapons. Some use Pokemon for evil while others use them for good and it's not uncommon for Pokemon to die in battle. The plot will culminate in the battling of some sort of malicious force but the extent of what the plot will entail is something I'm still thinking about.

Attendance would be able to be more lax here, but I would still want at least 1 post a week or more if interaction with other players is required for that portion of the RP. Again, posting is important to not keep other players waiting and to keep the RP moving along.

The sci-fi version of the fantasy Pokemon RP:
Spoiler:
As opposed to a renaissance fantasy Pokemon RP, this one would take place in a futuristic setting, again in an alternate universe. However, some sort of magic will persist here and Pokemon are still powerful despite the advent of advanced technologies.

Everything else pretty much mimics the ideas I had for the renaissance version but with different terms and themes in place. Refer to it to see what I have in mind as they're pretty much mirrors of each other.
I have a bit of a better idea of what I want to happen throughout the Pokemon RPs but they need much work too. These are rough ideas after all.

If any of these ideas you'd like to see developed further or would like to participate in in any way, I'll take any feedback you have and see what I (maybe we) can come up with.

BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGH...

In a world without substance, a nonsense signature is only appropriate!