View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2013 (11:37 AM).
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
It's just a case of radio playing more music that fits your taste. It hasn't improved, it's just a genre-shift.

Now personally I think the charts are better (to my ears) now than they were in say, 2010/early 2011 when it seemed like all hope was lost for the world, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who think everything that isn't dance is horrid and we're heading into an awful phase for music. Which we are in the longterm - Gotye, fun, Imagine Dragons and co are so obviously going to lead to a return of the vomit-inducing landfill indie of the mid-2000s that I'm sure will have me crying out for the return of Pitbull. But radio can never stay diverse for long, it always has to latch onto one genre and hammer it to absolute death.

From a UK perspective, 2008-2009 was the best time for the charts. In 2009 especially there was wonderful diversity and everything sounded so fresh. It's just a pity that everything that was so fresh back then was turned into LMFAO and Flo Rida and blah blah blah.