View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I know I've probably said this before, but more ice types that don't suck. u___u I mean, not counting legendaries(Kyurem, I'm looking at you), Walrein was pretty much one of the best ice-types to ever be made, even though currently it's pretty futile, I believe it was a good example of what ice-types could be. Of course, Walrein is also super bulky despite the messy typing, so yeah.

I just want them to stand a chance in competitive again. u__u That and more Electric/Flying other than Zapdos~!

...No, Not Emolga. XD Something like Zapdos that isn't a legendary, and could fight.
Unfortunately, like everything that came from 3rd gen (aside from Salamence), Walrein is a worse version of something that came before it. Walrein is a bad Lapras.

The problem with Ice isn't the weak Pokémon, it's the prevalence of Stealth Rock and Fighting-types. Being Water/Ice was a blessing in RBY where things first started, nowadays it's a curse. Instead, I'd like to see a boost to Hail. Rock-types are ****** defensively, but throw in Sand Stream and Tyranitar and Terrakion become behemoths. Hail is the weakest weather by far, with no reliable inducers (lolAbomasnow) and few boosts, and now that Snow Cloak was banned by Smogon (which isn't official but adopted by a good amount of people), it's become even worse. A boost to Hail would greatly help Ice-types, since they're the only ones not pelted by Hail.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.