View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2013 (07:26 AM).
We ain't gonna get no sleeep.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
SoulSilver Ground Monotype, Update #5

Spoiler:
-Headed to Route 44 and beat the trainers there.
-Caught a Swinub in the Ice Path named Lionel.
-Got HM07 for Waterfall.
-Met one of the Kimono Girls near the end of the cave.
-Arrived in Blackthorn City.
-Got the Soft Sand from Santos.
-Got the Choice Scarf from Mom's savings.
-Used the Daycare to get Lionel to Level 29.
-Went back to Blackthorn City and Route 45, battling some of the trainers there.
-Trained Lionel to Level 33 to get him to evolve into Piloswine.
-Found two Heart Scales and used them to get Lionel to relearn Ice Fang and AncientPower.
-Continued with Route 45, and Lionel evolved into Mamoswine.
-Beat the trainers in the Blackthorn Gym; they were all pretty easy.
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Clair!

Blackthorn Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Gareth LV38 / Choice Specs - Thunderbolt, Fire Blast, Peck, Double Kick
Marhaus LV35 / BrightPowder - Selfdestruct, Earthquake, Magnitude, Rock Blast
Lionel LV34 / NeverMeltIce - Ice Fang, Ice Shard, Mud-Slap, AncientPower
Arcana LV37 / Amulet Coin - Earthquake, Yawn, Mud Shot, Surf
Rocky LV35 / Quick Claw - Dig, Rock Tomb, Screech, Headbutt
Morgause LV24 - Sand-Attack, Poison Sting, Fury Swipes, Strength

She starts off with Gyarados while I open with Gareth. She gets off Intimidate, but it doesn't matter, because while she is faster and hits with Dragon Rage, I use Thunderbolt and kill her in one hit. Me: 82/122 HP.
Next up is her ace, the dreaded Kingdra, which is, in my opinion, the hardest Pokémon in the game (at least for Johto, definitely). I have an idea. It's risky, but it might just work. I send in Arcana hoping she'll use what I expect her to - perfect timing, because she uses Hydro Pump, and Water Absorb makes it useless. She uses SmokeScreen, but I use Yawn to make Kingdra drowsy. Alright, now for the risky part! I send in Marhaus…as she uses SmokeScreen again! Uh-oh! Me: Full health and -1 Accuracy. But now she's asleep. As she snoozes, I go for Selfdestruct…but thankfully it hits and kills her in one hit. Thank goodness, if I had missed that would have been terrible.
I send in Lionel as she brings in one of her Dragonairs. They both die in one hit with Ice Fang thanks to the 20% boost from the NeverMeltIce, kills her in one hit. Lionel grows to Level 35 after beating the first one.
That was actually pretty easy. And I was rather underleveled and didn't even use any bag items. The only thing that may have had me concerned is if Selfdestruct had missed due to SmokeScreen, but that worked out too.

-Was sent by Clair to the Dragon's Den.
-Caught a Tentacool named Extra Derp just for Whirlpool and Waterfall.
-Entered the Dragon's Den, passed the test of the elder and got the Rising Badge.
-Why are all my Pokémon holding Black Beards? What are they, pirates?
-Received the Master Ball from Professor Elm.
-Ran into Merlin at the Dance Theater, who was beaten by the Kimono Girls apparently.
-Challenged the Kimono Girls:
Umbreon was annoying with Confuse Ray, but I put it to sleep with Yawn, used Screech with Rocky and got it to -6 Defense, then 2HKOed her with Dig followed by Headbutt. Quick Claw for the win!
Espeon was worrisome. It killed Arcana from over half without a crit, but thankfully Marhaus was able to survive a Psychic with 1/5 HP and kill her with Selfdestruct.
Flareon was a bit of an issue - since Arcana was down, I was leading with Lionel, who didn't have Earthquake, so I switched in Gareth, who thankfully avoided a Fire Blast, allowing me to use a Revival Herb on Arcana. Then, I was able to (after sacrificing Rocky as death fodder) get in Arcana and, after being burned, 2HKO her with Earthquake.
Jolteon didn't have much it could do against me, but Double Team was annoying. First turn I Full Healed Arcana's burn, then (after she reached +6 Evasion and I had 2 Earthquakes left) killed her in one hit with Earthquake.
Lastly, Vaporeon. Put it to sleep with Yawn, and after using my last Earthquake to get her to around 62%, switched in Gareth while she was asleep and finished the job with Choice Specs Thunderbolt.
-Whew! I was too lazy to train more, but that still worked out good enough. So I got the Clear Bell, and the Kimono Girls left for the Whirl Islands.
-Headed off for the Whirl Islands.
-Found the Kimono Girls, where they summoned Lugia.
-Took on Lugia. I put it to sleep with Arcana's Yawn, and it used Rain Dance, but got it to the red before it woke up and killed Arcana. Then, I brought out Gareth, and it used Aeroblast which I lived with 1/4 HP, and finished it off with Choice Specs Thunderbolt.
-Headed to Cherrygrove City to prepare for the Pokémon League!

So here's my team:

Spoiler:
Golem (M) "Marhaus", Level 35
Nature: Brave
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Earthquake, Magnitude, Rock Blast, Selfdestruct

Quagsire (F) "Arcana", Level 39
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Earthquake, Mud Shot, Surf, Yawn

Steelix (M) "Rocky", Level 35
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Dig, Headbutt, Rock Tomb, Screech

Nidoking (M) "Gareth", Level 39
Nature: Rash
Ability: Poison Point
Moves: Double Kick, Fire Blast, Peck, Thunderbolt

Mamoswine (M) "Lionel", Level 37
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Oblivious
Moves: AncientPower, Ice Fang, Ice Shard, Mud-Slap

Sandslash (F) "Morgause", Level 24
Nature: Hasty
Moves: Fury Swipes, Poison Sting, Sand-Attack, Strength
Again, I probably won't use her, but if I really get ambitious I could.

I'm gonna have a LOT of training to do before the Pokémon League, ugh. At least Victory Road gives pretty decent EXP.