View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2013, 02:45 PM
pokemasta92
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Wrong.

The ONLY reason they make games at all is to turn a profit. This isn't some sort of "service" for loyal fans - it's a business. The ONLY thing they care about is whether or not making a particular game at a particular time is a sound business decision.

If they decide that remaking the Hoenn games is a sound business decision, then that's what they're going to do, and it really doesn't matter how many times people trot out the same tired old diversionary arguments.
You are right, but what I said was also right. Not being able to catch all of the Pokémon in the newer games was effecting their popularity, so by making remakes that allowed you to catch them, it increased profit of the newest games as well as the remakes they just released. So yes, they did it for business, just like any company would, but the reason business was hurting was the games not connecting, so they allowed you to catch all the Pokémon, because it was good for business.
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.