• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    SO there is a bit of an epic tale to be told here.
    And long story short I couldn't actually hatch the rest of the 3 boxes without hatching more shinies.
    12 eggs after Sherlock hatched Watson, and then 33 eggs after Watson hatched Mycroft. Lol yes, four shiny zoruas in less than 100 eggs. Who says these Masuda odds are the sameeee?
    That is INSANE. Congrats TSE. I was wondering, in your post you make it sound like you hoard eggs before starting to hatch them. Is that how you do it? It's just because whenever I do MM, I fill my party with eggs, hatch those and then proceed to getting 5 more eggs.

Congrats on the Golurk too Rezu.
    Thanks a lot :) . I've wanted this shiny ever since I first saw a picture of Golurk's shiny form. He was a part of my original Black team and had the same name, hence why I was so pumped when I found it.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I love how TSE found it at 6AM. Thats about when I go to bed xD. Must be a non sleeper like me hahaha.

Amazing to get 4 so fast. Hope my Bulba appears soon so I can move on, I can't multi hunt when breeding. Its way to annoying breeding and trying to hunt, and some amazing names haha. Love Sherlock.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Congrats on the zoruas TSE.

Haha yeah, I'm really taking my time. I need 11 more (that is, if I can finish before more Pokemon are released, "lol"). I'm REing for Yamask in the Relic Castle in Black 2 - I've done a grand total of 10 REs so far! - and hatching eggs for Snorunt in Black, and at some point I'm going to run Ruby again to RE for Duskull and Nincada, and do the same in Emerald for Sableye (and Nincada if I don't get it in Ruby). Then I'll need to get Misdreavus and Gastly in Pearl, RE for Frillish in some GenV game, and SR for Rotom. I also need the two other Ghost-types in GenVI.

Let's see how long that takes! :laugh:

I like the background music of that place, one of the reasons i decided to SR my flame body volcarona. maybe I should hunt there again, I haven't visited that place in a long time and last time I did was to sketch a move.
    Maybe I should also do a quest between grass, dragon and fire types, I guess I'll have to start GTS'ing some of the starters.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Rules said:
    These can be done in any order. The shinies must be obtained by yourself, and no chaining, Friend Safaris, or hacking is allowed. Good luck and have fun!
    Oh no! I didn't see this at first :(

If chain-fishing, friend safaris, and Pokeradar aren't allowed... I guess that leaves hordes, Masuda Method, and dumb-luck? Based on that, I have fewer Pokemon that qualify. (My Roserade and Luvdisc might count. Luvdisc wasn't caught with actual chain-fishing, but I have no way of telling since I was only using Old Rod to farm Heart Scale. Roserade broke my Pokeradar chain of Flabebe that I was working on; Not sure if shiny Pokemon that break a chain count?)

Masuda Method:
    Bug/Fire: Volcarona
    Ground: Sandslash
    Fairy: Sylveon

Hordes:
    Electric: Ampharos
    Water/Psychic: Slowpoke

7 of 18 types bred/found!

Years
  • That is INSANE. Congrats TSE. I was wondering, in your post you make it sound like you hoard eggs before starting to hatch them. Is that how you do it? It's just because whenever I do MM, I fill my party with eggs, hatch those and then proceed to getting 5 more eggs.
    Thanks very much, and huge congrats on your Golurk too!
    Yep, that's what I'm doing at the moment. Usually I do what you do but I am soft resetting for Johto starters at the same time, so I can't do the method you use so easily. I just go get five eggs from the box, go to Lumiose in the bit by the tower and stick a penny under the circle pad while on my bike. That way it keeps going round and I can soft reset while the eggs hatch!

I love how TSE found it at 6AM. Thats about when I go to bed xD. Must be a non sleeper like me hahaha.

Amazing to get 4 so fast. Hope my Bulba appears soon so I can move on, I can't multi hunt when breeding. Its way to annoying breeding and trying to hunt, and some amazing names haha. Love Sherlock.

I am a non sleeper lol! When I don't have school I go to sleep at 5am, and when I have school I get up at 5 am, haha!
    I know, it was awesome. If you do the thing where you collect eggs and go round and round Lumiose tower with a penny under your circle pad, that makes it far easier to multi hunt. I do that while dual SRing Johto starters. Either way I hope your bulba appears soon :3

Oh no! I didn't see this at first :(

If chain-fishing, friend safaris, and Pokeradar aren't allowed... I guess that leaves hordes, Masuda Method, and dumb-luck? Based on that, I have fewer Pokemon that qualify. (My Roserade and Luvdisc might count. Luvdisc wasn't caught with actual chain-fishing, but I have no way of telling since I was only using Old Rod to farm Heart Scale. Roserade broke my Pokeradar chain of Flabebe that I was working on; Not sure if shiny Pokemon that break a chain count?)

In shiny hunting we use what is called the "Random Encounter" method which is as simple as it sounds. Running around in grass!
    Also we have the Soft Reset method, which is where you save before something such as the fossil man, get the fossil, check the fossil, and hold down L and R and either select or start. This resets the game without having to go through all the menus and everything.

These two are the methods that gave hunters their reputation of patience of steel haha!

And finally- I ordered a Leafgreen but realised it was fake after I ordered it, so I just need to get a new one and then after I get my Johto starter I will dual SR whatever starter we are up to in the dex!

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • TSE: Have you ever considered live streaming like ShinyTwins and AAronundead, I watch both of them when I get the chance to. Would be fun to watch. Why are all british people non sleepers xD. I work night shifts though so it became my pattern.

Going to collect lots of eggs on both X and Y then start hatching them all at the same time going around the tower. I never thought of that haha.

Years
  • TSE: Have you ever considered live streaming like ShinyTwins and AAronundead, I watch both of them when I get the chance to. Would be fun to watch. Why are all british people non sleepers xD. I work night shifts though so it became my pattern.

Going to collect lots of eggs on both X and Y then start hatching them all at the same time going around the tower. I never thought of that haha.

I am actually an irregular but often guest on twitch.tv/darkvaporeon 's stream, and have guested on BlushingEevee's stream!

Good luck with your hatching! :3 (Also Razer not sure if I asked this but do you do skype? If you do you should add me, I'm just TheShinyEevee).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2014
    im back! yesterday was my birthday but i couldnt post it on here. internet was out. but i have been focusing on getting a shiny noibat but no luck so far. even though its not a shiny i DID get a klefki i named booboo keys lol.

Troock

Whatever Forever
    Years
  • Congratz on AAALLL the new shinies!!! I can't believe how you got 4 shinies so quickly eevee, mah gawd xD. Anyway I'm still trying to hatch a shiny Honedge, I haven't been as active as a shiny hunter as I wanted to be. I think I'm at 600 eggs or so for the Honedge. Also, happy birthday mikfulg, it was my birthday yesterday as well. O.o :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    YAAAAY SHINY RELICANTH FINALLY. I don't shiny-search as much as most people seem to but I have been trying for this one for quite a while. I ended up catching 4 shiny Clawitza(er?) before finally finding the Relicanth, but now it's finally mine and is going to be the newest star member of my main team. My favourite shiny of all ♥

Incidentally, if anyone wants a shiny Clawitza(er??) then I've got some to spare! Though I'm pretty sure Clawitza(er???) is one of the most common shinies out there right now haha.

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
    Years
  • Wow, it's been a while!

Anyways, I finally got my grubby little hands on a 3DS and a copy of Pokemon X, and after about a day I caught my first shiny of the sixth generation, a Geodude. I'd upload pictures, but I'm at school at the moment. Catching it was terrifying, because all I had with me was a Talonflame and a level 1 Fletchling, and a horde of Geodudes appeared. Geodudes also have magnitude, which they can kill each other with, so it made for a pretty nerve wracking experience. To top it off, I had only a single ultra ball with me.

Also, it has a decent IV spread, with a 31 in defense and a 29 in attack, maybe I could use in some semi-competitive play. So yeah, I'm pretty pumped about this one.

Congrats to all those new shinies! I swear, gen 6 must have a higher shiny catch rate or something, because they're popping up all over the place.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I was hunting for some Phantump in a friend safari in an attempt to get one with good IVs. I was talking to some friends on IRC, but glanced down at my 3DS to see if I had found a Phantump.

Rather than what I had been searching for, it was a Lampent. I thought I had seen movement out of the corner of my eye, so I took a closer look and realized that she was shiny! Her nature and IVs aren't great, but I'm still quite happy to have caught her. I kept stalling after using Leech Seed to lower her HP, then eventually caught her in a Luxury ball.

Years
  • Hey there i would like to join! you said list all the shinnies i have, but, i have about 3 boxes of them in my Black version (no pokebank yet sorry) so that would make this post very long so if you have any questions about which ones i have fell free to ask! and for the shinnies i'm looking for are shiny protean Froakie (preferably timid), shiny honedge (preferably relaxed), and a shiny bunnelby (preferably jolly) and that is that!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I haven't posted in here since July 2011, wow! I usually RNG abuse shinies, so that's why I spent less time actually hunting.

Sooo XY stripped me of that ability, wouldn't you say? In my Y version, which was only possible with Luke's help :D, my shiny collection includes:

- Fish chained 3 shiny Horsea and 2 shiny Skrelp
    - Pokeradar chained 1 shiny Skiddo
    - Got a shiny blue Flabebe and shiny Hippopotas from Luke
    - Got fish chained Relicanth from Mia and Alomomola from Drakow
    - Got a chained shiny Pancham from Keiran
    - Got several shinies myself or as gifts (Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Eevee, Vulpix, Tyrunt, Trevenant, and Absol) through Smogon's Shiny Value method, but those feel rather cheapened more-so than chaining, hm
    ... I should work on getting my own shinies, hmph!

SO I completed the National Dex to get the Shiny Charm this month... And I didn't expect hatching a shiny so soon when breeding with English parents! Here's the shiny 4IV Pumpkaboo I managed to hatch today.

RpiwX6v.jpg

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • 500 Bulbasaur eggs and no luck...

Got a copy of Black the other day, will see how it goes. Going to start it on Sunday, stupid work.

I tried RNG abuse in Gen 4 but I could never hit it. Always slightly off, too hard when there are 60 frames/second. Sounds like it is a lot easier in Gen5 so if I find a shiny legitimately I may try that to see if I can figure it out. I don't care about the stats, just shininess, as I don't battle competitively. I really wanted to do it just once to prove I could do it but I spent many hours to no avail.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Shiny RNG breeding on D/P/Pt is actually really easy and doesn't involve delays, if you're only going for shininess / gender / nature. I've only managed to find one guide that doesn't use delays, but have yet to relocate it. If you'd like, though, I can send you a VM/PM and explain the process. I previously had had no experience with RNG abuse, and I had it memorized and just about mastered within a few days.

I'm grateful that the odds have changed in X/Y. I've only had my copy of Y since late December and I already have encountered three shinies (one from chaining, one RE, and one via SRing). <3

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • be
    Shiny RNG breeding on D/P/Pt is actually really easy and doesn't involve delays, if you're only going for shininess / gender / nature. I've only managed to find one guide that doesn't use delays, but have yet to relocate it. If you'd like, though, I can send you a VM/PM and explain the process. I previously had had no experience with RNG abuse, and I had it memorized and just about mastered within a few days.

I'm grateful that the odds have changed in X/Y. I've only had my copy of Y since late December and I already have encountered three shinies (one from chaining, one RE, and one via SRing). <3

Good job on 2 at the full odds!

I will investigate tomorrow when I have some time, but if you could give me a very brief overview that would be helpful. Then I will at least know what to look for lol. As I say I do understand the theory where you have to hit your seed, but, my timing just sucks :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    found a shiny protean froakie after 1 egg :D but I want it perfect :c his ivs are 31/x/31/x/31/31 but still is a shiny :D

Back