View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2014 (01:11 AM). Edited February 9th, 2014 by Xerneas_X.
Raven

Nature: Lonely
Just wanted to share this with everyone :3!

Not sure if I am the first to discover this, but I haven't seen any mention of it on any forums (besides speculation/rumor) and not even on comprehensive Pokemon resources such as Bulbapedia, Serebii, Marriland, and not even YouTube! But while playing around with the dates on my 3DS (set the day before @ 11:59PM, so Pokemon X/Y recognizes a new day when the day rolls to the next), I decided to try and trigger the Diamond Dust Easter Egg.

In previous generation Pokemon games since Pokemon Platinum, Diamond Dust has been a hidden Easter Egg only appearing on a certain date of the year. Previously it has appeared on the dates January 12 (Junichi Masuda's Birthday), July 11, October 30, December 2, and December 31, depending on which generation, however, in X/Y I found that it did not appear on any of these dates... so disapointed, I figured it must not be in X/Y or possibly on a different unknown yet to be discovered date.

Since I was playing around with the 3DS dates, I decided to try my Birthday because I wanted to take photos to update a Secrets Guide I have posted here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8072155) for the event that happens in the Pokemon Center and once I got the new photos and updated the topic, I decided to explore around to find any other possible Birthday events I may have missed in X/Y. Lo, Behold!!! while exploring, I decided to go to the Frost Cavern and There it was!!! The Sparkly Glittery Unmistakable Diamond Dust falling across my screen!

So it is confirmed, Diamond Dust is in X&Y! This time it's on your Birthday (Easter Eggs are the best Birthday gifts) :D!

As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!