• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which Legendary is best? Gen 2 trio

Pick the best!

• Entei

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Raikou

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Suicune

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Yeah apparently these go here now!
    After my gen 1 polls I figured I would keep collecting data, so here's #2!
    Entei, Raikou, and Suicune are the competitors in this one!
    Note: You can pick more then one.

Years
  • Entei was always the most interesting of the 3 to me, and the only one that I ever found myself using in Gold. Nothing against Suicune or Raikou, but neither of them have quite the regal appearance that Entei carries (in my eyes). The anime movie that it was featured in helped seal the deal for me for it being my favorite of the Legendary Beasts, and I haven't looked back since!

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    Suicune because of it's unrivaled bulk and ability to sweep like mad. Nothing can resist Surf when +6 in SpA. Absolutely nothing. Even Blissey would be in trouble.

But in-game I would chose Entei because I like how she looks, her battle-cry and movepool.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Suicune has always and will always be my favorite of the three. My first generation 2 game was Crystal so I think that played a really big part in it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I like all three, and Entei looks regal indeed, and was really cool in the movie. Entei, Arcanine and Solgaleo are in the same batch of fiery huge dogs/cats haha, and those do appeal to me.

However, my favorite is Raikou, as its design is just marvelous. I like it being the storm pokémon and tiger-like. Bit of a pity that it didn't get much showcase in the anime, other than through the special eps.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • This is a really tough one and I love all of 'em and they all appeal for me to different reasons!

i_raikou.gif
    - This thing is glorious, I mean just look at the cape! This thing is dapper. Raikou is THE LEGEND OF THUNDER MAN. I love the special with Jimmy, Marina, Vincent & co taking down a seemingly competent Team Rocket, it was truly fantastic. I love that it overlaps with the anime of Ash's timeline with Vincent crossing over into both. The scene where Marina thinks that he is Lance is GOLDEN. Raikou came across like an absolute beast in the movie and I love using it competitively - either scarfed or specs'd or a Sub&Calm Mind sub set.

i_entei.gif
    - Now this thing is what I call badass. Entei's design is bloody great let's be real for a second. It has access to Sacred Fire which is one of the best games in the Pokémon meta-game, I love it. It's role in the third Pokémon movie was great too, he played Molly's dad to perfection in what was my favourite Pokémon movie. The fact he was paired with Dakim in Pokémon Colosseum was absolute perfection, Entei seems like a brash character too.

i_suikun.gif
    - Suicune just comes across so pure doesn't it? It tagging along with Venus makes me so happy. I remember reading a Pokémon Colosseum guide before I got the game and I couldn't picture her as a villain when I seen she had a Suicune! Snagging the water type from her was the greatest. Suicune saving Celebi in Pokémon 4Ever was amazing, even if Oak excluding it and all the other 2nd gen Pokémon from the original Pokédex makes no sense haha.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Absolutely have to say Suicune. Crystal was my first game so it of course played a major role in my reasoning but I continued to use it any other game I possibly could. Each time I played Crystal, Suicune was the only 'mon I really wanted so that I could just sweep through E4 with it. It appearance is the most beautiful, serene look of any legendary I have ever seen.

As a whole, it is my favorite legendary Pokemon, far outdistancing Dialga in second place.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    I really like Entei because I've always been attracted to fire types & I love how he looks so fierce. Suicune is really beautiful as well but I've never actually used it for battling. For some reason I've used Raikou the least & don't have any special feelings towards it.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Suicune is so majestic and easily my favorite. Raikou would probably be my next favorite. Entei is cool, but not my top pick, sorry.

Years
  • Out of the three, Raikou looks the most badass. Razor sharp teeth for ripping and tearing flesh (Suicune and Entei have none) , knife like talons to bat you around and shredding your dignity, hurls lightning bolts, and controls the weather (more accurately in the games than the other two). Raikou is also faster than Suicune and spells doom for the water pup before it even has a chance to recover from it's cute little Rain Dance. Entei has no Type advantage moves against Raikou and vice-verse except for dig, but again, Raikou is faster than Entei.

Being a God of Thunder is a good point to make too. Nobody that ever exploded mountains or raged seas ever directly commanded other gods in terms of lordship and stature. Here are some Lightning Gods, chief amongst their kind: Odin, Zeus, Jupiter, Indra, Perun, Shango, Teshub, and Ba' al. Suicune is the leader my foot.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • Crystal was my very first game and I instantly fell in love with Suicune. It looks so beautiful and I have fond memories of chasing it around the region when I was little. When I finally caught it, I used it against the Elite Four lol I do also like the other 2 but not nearly as much

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • A stunning trinity, aren't they? My favorite is Suicune. I love that extra defensive bulk it has to offer, tanky to wall best suits my style of battle. Suicuine is noteable to me also because it was the pokemon I could never catch in the original gold and silver games. I caught Raikou and Entei, but Suicune always was just beyond my grasp. The Johto roamers are especially hard to catch because of their access to the move roar. You can imagine my delight in subsequent games to see Suicune's role greatly enlarged, and to finally obtain this beautiful Pokemon because it handpicked me instead. So the North Wind holds a special place in my heart :)

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • Entei was always the most interesting of the 3 to me, and the only one that I ever found myself using in Gold. Nothing against Suicune or Raikou, but neither of them have quite the regal appearance that Entei carries (in my eyes). The anime movie that it was featured in helped seal the deal for me for it being my favorite of the Legendary Beasts, and I haven't looked back since!

The third Pokemon movie is really underrated, its quite possibly my favorite. When I caught my Entei I knew immediately that his name had to be papa :)

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Raikou is definitely my favourite; it's my 2nd favourite Pokémon of all time and one of the first Pokémon I raised to lv100. Raikou was the first of the trio I encountered in SoulSilver and the first that I caught. Ever since then it's been the one that stood out the most compared to the other 2.

Years
  • Looks like Raikou got a little bit of a boost! I don't know why it is, but I feel like Raikou was always more difficult for me to capture than Suicune for some reason. I think it might have been it's speed stat, that and False Swipe.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    They're all fantastic but my favorite is Suicune, no doubt at least partially due to Crystal being my first game. It's elegant and beautiful but powerful too.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • I like all three, but Suicune takes the place as number one. I'm mostly biased because Eusine is one of my favorite characters in the franchise.

Back