• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What the...?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2004
    What the

Whats up with the popups here?
    I just saw a disgrace picture of a woman. I always get that every single day. :\

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
    Years
  • Umm... Popups? No, not here. Unless someone has some script in their sigs... I doubt thats allowed, I dunno. If your sure it's from here, report it.. please.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    bloodsnack said:
    Whats up with the popups here?
    I just saw a disgrace picture of a woman. I always get that every single day. :\

Since you have that every single day it probaly has nothing to do with Pokecommunity.

Can't you block popups or anything? Ahh I'm not expert in these things. :P
    Before I had a lot but now, I have close to none.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • or maybe there's adwares in your computer... or some of those evil junk that no one but geeks will know about (or friends of geeks who will drill these kind of stuff in your brain)

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
    Years
  • Ooh!!! I know!! It's Ad-Ware or spyware... dur. Get "Ad-Aware" or "Spybot - Search and Destroy", run it and it will remove them. No more popups for you.
    Edit: Dang! Frostweaver beated me -_-

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • This could've gone in Q&F... but now it can go in computers. XD

Anyways, run Ad-Ware and it should go away. And maybe even invest in a pop-up blocker.

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
    Years
  • No need to invest, theres good free Popup blockers. You can use the google toolbar, which has a very well popup blocker built into it, and some browsers automatically block popups, like Mozilla Firefox(I'm using that one).

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • First off, this should be moved...

~MOVED

Second off, PC doesn't have popups. It might be some sites that you went to in the past, and the scripts from there are the kinds that make pop-ups indefinately. I used to have them, it sucked all...but we got Norton Anti Virus popup blocker fixer upper killer thingy so it's all good now...

BOO ya!

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • There are some pop-ups that appear even after you've closed the browser, so for that you may want to find a real pop-up blocker, such as StopZilla. It stops most of 'em

Back