• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#16 - Scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #16 - Scratch
Hosted by: Logiedan
Approved by: Logiedan
Medal System activated

Theme: 'Tis the Season
Since we're nearing the holidays and filled with Christmas spirit, how about a Christmas-themed contest? Your task is to depict the 'Ghost of Christmas Past' as a Fakemon. Be creative with your ideas!

Omits:
In some cases and themes there will be omits.
  • There are no omits this WPC.
Main Rules:

• One entry per person. You may update your entry until the end of the contest.
  • You can't enter if you picked the theme.
  • All work must be made from scratch (unless the current theme states otherwise).
  • No previously made work.
This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: 96x96 BW Style
  • Palette Requirements: 16 colours
  • Transparency: Optional
  • Animation: None
  • Other: Scratch only.
Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 4, 2012
PenguinGhost.png

Ghost=Ghostly
Christmas=Winter=Penguin
Past=Old timey top hat and monocle

Therefore an ethereal ghost of an old-timey penguin. Of course.

Kao

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2016
Sounds fun, I'lll whip something up when I get home!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I spent several days on my entry, trying to get it just right. XD In the end, I settled on this. Also, I must say that everyone elses are excellent. :) I hope more people enter though. :D

Anyway, here's my entry~

Ghost: Well, it's a ghost. That would be it's type and it's loosely based on the generic, white ghost.
Christmas: Ahem, it has a Fluttershy, I mean, Christmas tree on it's head as a sort of headgear. XD Not to mention there are festive themes throughout, such as the stars for eyes and the vivid colours used, similar to the colours on Christmas trees.
Past: Probably the hardest one to implement. I kinda interpreted this as time, hence the time symbol on its 'stomach' and the clock on the top.

Anyway, I'd just like to point out some other things. I tried to portray greed (Scrooge is seen as this) in the sprite by giving it mutilple arms, and no, it's not coincidental. I genuinely tried to portray greed, ansd the original (before I updated it) only had two arms. So yeah, I basically tried to interpret the novel. XD

Anyway, i guess I've babbled on for too long, so yeah. I'll stop now. I am quite proud of the finished product though, and I wish everyone else the best of luck, and merry Christmas, and for those who don't celebrate it, happy holidays! :D

Kao

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2016
Not sure what I was thinking here, but here's my entry.

WizzI.png

Type : Ghost
The Ghost-Bearded Pokemon. Known for traveling back in time to haunt young children during Christmas celebrations.

Years

And the winners are...

1zwbwjb.jpg

1st Place - Retribution

3brbo.jpg

2nd Place - Kao
WizzI.png

2vcjdhw.jpg

3rd Place - Conan Edogawa
pc_ghost_by_det_conan-d4jig4x.png

Honourable Mention(s)

2ezpblz.jpg