• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: Which was the first pokemon hack you played ?

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Hey everyone just curious to know which was the first pokemon hack you people played.Mine was pokemon shiny gold or Ppkemon Naranja :D

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Mine was Pokémon Genesis by Thrace (dshaybusha at the time), still one of, if not the, finest hack I've ever played.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I forget lawlz. I haven't really played any, but I remember watching an LP of Brown which counts sorta.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Shiny Gold was my first hack way back when.

Yes, I'm one of those members :P

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Shiny Gold was the first.

Off topic-ish rant:
I remember playing FireRed and R/S/E, then wondering if there was a GBA version of Jhoto (at the time, the NDS system had come out pretty recently). I Googled and searched, until I stumbled upon Shiny Gold (it was a GBA file not an IPS in case people were wondering). After playing it, I learned that it was a hack! I tried to then find more hacks which I could play and wound up here (back in I think 2007-ish). I made an account to download hacks and such (which is what I did lol)..

I have long since forgotten the username, password and email for that account, but recently I decided to start hacking myself (started about early November-ish last year). I played a couple of hacks again out of sheer boredom. I think they were Sienna, Genesis and Rujin adventures (if that's how you spell it?). In my time, I've played a lot of hacks, and kept my eye on some of the better ones (which have long since died off :P).

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
First Hack I played was Pokemon Identity. One of the truly great and tragic Pokemon hacks...

Maybe you'll see it again soon...

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I'm going to go different than most, my first hack I ever played was Chaos Black by MewThree Inc. When I first found it on Cydia a while ago, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Then I came here and realized that rom hacking has grown so much since then. If it was released today, it probably would have gone straight to the trash. No disrespect to MewThree though, rom hacking was a lot harder back then.

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2013
Since this hasnt been a whole month i can post so yeah the best hack i've played was pokemon Victory Fire.

Sparen

PokéDigi Scripter
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Touhoumon. Don't remember if it was World Link, but I think it was.

...Some parts of that game were troll areas though. Getting to Sootopolis from Mossdeep took about two weeks.

Years
I thiiiiiiiiink it was Christos' Liquid Ocean? I'm not sure, I can't remember, but I do remember playing that hack and being awestruck at how gosh-darn pretty it made the FR tiles look.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
pokemon naranja and i hated every moment....IT WAS ALL IN SPANISH!
i couldnt understand half the words there, since im NOT living in spain, mexico or USA.

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
My first ROM hack? I think it waz light platinum. After that, I decided to make my own. Which is why I came here.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 13, 2020
Oh geez...the oldest one I can specifically remember playing was Liquid Crystal, right after the first beta with part of the Orange Islands was released.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
My first pokemon hack that I played was Pokemon Snakewood. It's like the oddest looking hack I've played, but I do like hacks which have a different twist to it.

Years
I wouldn't say that the original Pokemon Diamond/Jade would really count as hacks rather than poor translations with the Pokemon name added, even if they were the first unofficial games I tried. The first real hack I played, though, was Pokemon Naranja.

Back