• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japanese

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    hey guys,i want to put something in japanese in the forum or the messenger for example,but how do u do it?will everybody be able to see it??
    thx!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    In Windows you have to have the Windows disc still, or find the files yourself which is really..difficult.

Go to:

1. Control Panel
    2. Date, Time and Language
    3. Regional and Language options
    4. Languages (tab at top)
    5. Select the box for east Asian languages with the Windows disc in and they will install.

Those are specifically for XP although more than likely it is the same in Vista in Seven.

Edit: Had to make sure.

Then, you have to enable it for the keyboards.

1. Control Panel
    2. Date, Time and Language
    3. Regional and Language options
    4. Languages (tab at top)
    5. Click the Details button.
    6. Add the language you want.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Well I just hope our assumption you're using Windows is correct. Hur-hur.
    Those are specifically for XP although more than likely it is the same in Vista in Seven.
    In Vista and Seven it's already installed, apparently.

After you've installed or if you already have the EAL support component:
    Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Languages > Details > Add > Japanese

Made redundant by Ctep's edit.
    Check the language bar options while you're at it, I find it useful to see what I'm on. Alt+Shift is the hotkey combo to switch input language.

The keyboard layout will presumably default to Microsoft IME Standard 2002 ver 8.1. I do believe you'd need a Japanese keyboard though so it's a vain action unless you have or can get one, or can perhaps find a custom layout for whatever keyboard you are using.

will everybody be able to see it??
    thx!
    Anyone with a Japanese or unicode font will be able to.

Last edited:
    Back