• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Spinoff Anime - Pokémon Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
With a different protagonist! On the flip side, it's possible that it's just a one-off special rather than a series.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
During the Pokémon Game Show, it was announced that a brand new anime will run to coincide with Pokémon XY. This anime is called Pokémon: The Origin, featured Red & Green, and is to run from October 2nd. It's currently unclear if this is a special or a series but we'll provide information as soon as we can. Pictures courtes of Dengeki

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/694/694968/

Spoiler:

If you want to believe this source as well, it may be a series: http://victini.tumblr.com/post/58466668327/pokemon-origins-confirmed-to-air-every-wednesday This is NOT confirmed though, so don't assume it's so just yet.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I am super excited for this! I really do hope it's a series; the current anime is getting a extremely stale and repetitive and so something fresh like this is perfect. I'd like it to be an anime in similar style to the BW2 Promo, because that was epic.

Fingers crossed! :D

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
Awesome! It's cool how they are bringing back Kanto in the anime with the original Manga characters (for the most part)

And, I heard that this will be running every Wednesday from October. So I'm crossing my fingers that this will be a new series and not just a special.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Interesting. I may watch this. It looks like an actual anime. (Because I swear, the current anime doesn't look very...anime-ish)

I hope it is a series, it would be very nice. ^_^

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
My jaw literally dropped when I saw this. FINALLY AN ANIME FOR RED AND GREEN! I wonder if it's based off the manga or it's just a new story all together, whatever it is I'm REALLY excited for it and I hope to god it's an actual series and not a special. Also Blue better show up too :3

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I've been hearing the twice-a-week rumor and I mean if that's the case I doubt each episode will be very long- 10min at best, maybe, as a filler type of thing between shows? idk how Japanese TV works lol. But it looks super exciting! It doesn't seem to be based on the manga as far as I can tell bc of Green's attitude, but maybe it will be more game-based than what we have now?

I'm wondering also if it will tie into the main anime at all. Pokémon: The Origin could be... past!Kanto? Slightly before Ash's time? More likely it's just game-based different protags.

The animation looks almost similar to BW2 trailer, except less fancy. I think. Huh.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I haven't watched the anime in about two years. The last episode I've watched was "In the Shadow of Zekrom." I hope that they make this a series (rather than just an anime special), because if they do, I'd definitely start watching the anime again. =)

Also, I wonder if this is being targeted toward kids, teens, or adults?

Last edited:
Years
This totally blew my mind when I first saw it haha, I couldn't believe they actually made it happen!
I really hope this will be a series!! And I hope its similiar to the BW2 promo as well!

Sir Codin

Holy crap they're finally doing an anime version of Pokemon Spe -

*sees pictures*

....okay, close enough.

Please don't be fake, please don't be fake, please don't be fake, please don't be fake, please don't be fake, please don't be fake, please don't be fake, please don't be fake, please don't be fake, please don't be fake, please don't be fake, please don't be fake...

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
I'm actually kind of excited for this. I just pray to the heavens that this will follow the same animation style as the B2/W2 trailer.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Can't wait, looks like it will be a bit less dark since it is based of the games and not the manga. Maybe we will finally find out how Raticate died or where it went. I hope it shows in America though.

It will probably be something similar to Pokemon Chronicles, if it is a show and not just a special.

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Finally, that's all I've got to say.

I hope it's good. Maybe it'll bring me back into some activity in Pokemon.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Have our prayers been answered? Have we finally got a new Pokémon anime that doesn't star Ash barring the Chronicle episodes?

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Have our prayers been answered? Have we finally got a new Pokémon anime that doesn't star Ash barring the Chronicle episodes?

Yes we have! I am so happy they finally made this! I wanted this forever!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
ok so

- Brock will be the first Gym Leader
- based on Pokemon Red/Blue
- Rivals are Red and Green (Blue in the West)
- not clear if it's a new anime series or a few episodes long

so okay no ties to the current anime at all I guess? also I'm still annoyed at the Green/Blue split like rlly we've had FR and LG i think we can take him being called Green

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
OH THANK YOU A VIDEO

IS THAT LANCE
THAT WAS LANCE
WHY'S HE THERE
WHAT'S THE STORYYYYY OMG

SCREECH HERE'S THE TRAILER PROPER

WOW WOW WOW GIMME

Last edited:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years

O.m.g....I am done....this has made my night...

For some reason it won't show on here, but there is a trailer that shows how the series will be...omg...i've been wanting this forever...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back