• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Danger on the S.S. Anne [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Giselle O'Brien
503.png
498.png
496.png
148.png

Giselle nodded "hmm" she muttered thinking again. "well Buster, it could have been something that happened to him before you caught him, from what it sounds like he was most likely abandoned where you found him, and he deemed you a human worthy of his trust so he followed you" she said before looking down at Jarvis. "have you tried asking him? Pokemon are very intelligent, I know we can't understand their speech, but they have other ways of communicating, through motions and actions. Another thing you could do, is if you raise your bond with Jarvis, and well all of your Pokemon really then he will adapt to the way you prefer to battle" she smiled before looking at her newest Pokemon.

"I'm actually going to start some of the stuff I've done with Jet, Rosie, and Flara with Draco. It'll help him figure out what kind of person I am, plus it will keep him from becoming to protective, Jet was like that at first, until I proved I could protect myself," she grinned evilly at that thought. "Even following the basic things Pokemon Breeders do, making Pokemon Food, massaging your Pokemon, and taking care of their grooming can make a big difference."

Flara shook her head and smiled. "Tepig, pig pig te tepig tepig tepig" (It's our trainers choice but we agree, we like the way we are, while Jet wanted to evolve fully) Flara bounced closer to Jarvis. "Tepig, pig Te Tepig pig, Tepig!" (Plus not every Pokemon Can Evolve!)

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
George "Buster" Leggingsteele
Solving the Mystery of Jarvis!
----------------------------------------------------------------

This was high-class deductions right here. George sat, deep in thought over what might trigger the outbursts of his Duskull. What Giselle said made him think, something happened to Jarvis before they met in Phenac? The idea had never crossed his mind. Buster wasn't the sort of person who thought things through that much, unless it involved Pokémon Battles. He had however tried to get on that specific subject with Jarvis, but the results had always been... Incomplete or unsatisfying as some people might say.

"Well..." He began, "When I was really little, I spent a lot of time with Ghost-types due to them being fairly common where I lived at the time. So I have, sort of a better time understanding Ghost-types than other types. However I would say that the bonds between me and my Pokémon are strong enough for them to at least listen to me." Buster stopped talking for a minute, as if a chain of memories had popped up in his head. He then resumed to talk to Giselle, "So once I tried asking Jarvis about it, just out of curiousity. But he said that he didn't know anything other than being in a desert... But thanks for the advice Giselle! I'll try to work on the bond between Jarvis and me to make it stronger!" He added a some of his signature enthusiasm to the last part of his speech.

Meanwhile, Jarvis was still as confused as ever by the Pig-Pokémon's words. "Dus, Duskull."(Well, when you've not yet evolved, you're a bit weaker, sometimes much weaker than when you have evolved.) He said and flinched as Flara moved closer to him. The Duskull wasn't all that comfortable with Pokémon getting in too close to him, unless in a battle. "Duskull, Dusk!"(Besides, the Pokémon who can't evolve are often stronger than those who can but haven't yet done it for the first time!) The ghost continued.

PkmnRangerJ

Pokemon Ranger
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
Orenji: SUPER CAVE EXPLORATION TEAM GO! ONCE MORE WITH GUSTO!

"I like to think so, you've already met Angel and Maytec. The Sableye that is in a love affair with the sin known as gluttony is Troll." At the introduction Troll waved, then continued to munch on the diamond that would've made for a killer engagement ring. He then picked up the Nidorino and set it right, while said Nidorino is acting like nothing happened. "This is Wolfsbane, my most recent capture, so I'm trying to have him fully integrated into the team, and its been quite a success. Hasn't it?" He then pets the Poison Pin Pokemon, who puffs out his chest with pride. We were getting ready to explore the cave, cause we are a SUPER CAVE EXPLORATION TEAM! (Sentai poses, Sentai poses everywhere)
Right guys"? The team merely nodded, not exactly unembarrased by their trainers obsession with 35 seasons worth of Rangers. So lets go! I heard there's an Articuno around here, let's catch it!"

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Sarah Reyes​

Sarah just smiled at Orenji's enthusiasm and it seemed that his pokemon were into the whole sentai stuff. "Yes, you remind me of when my children watched that show." She chuckled. "They would talk on about it you know." She stood back up and looked around once more. "Well, this is something I did not expect at all." She said. She took out her camera once more and moved around as she snapped some more pictures.

Once she was done she noticed the girl heading off down the other path away from the statues. "Oh dear." She said as she headed off after her. Going alone in a cave could get one killed if they stumbled along the wrong pokemon. Blaze just grunted and followed after his trainer and made sure that she didn't slip during the few times she lost her footing. It was getting darker, but thanks to the flames that emitted from Blaze's wrists, she could still see around her quite well.

At last they managed to hit a dead end. There were boulders covering their path. Sarah was about to speak but Blaze stepped forward and grabbed the girl right under her arms and walked back some distance and put her down gently before going back to the boulders. He cracked his knuckles as Sarah stepped back, this would be messy.

Blaze in a split second pulled his leg up in a Blaze Kick and slammed it right into the boulders. There was a loud shattering sound as the boulders splintered into multiple tiny pieces that showered the area with dust. Blaze grunted once more and walked on through and Sarah followed. She turned to the young trainers. "Well? No dilly dallying!" She said as she stepped on through and dusted her clothes off. Blaze let the flames around his wrist grow larger as he led the way down the passage way. Sarah chuckled as she followed and looked around. The walls were starting to be covered in ice and pretty soon the ice was thick enough where they acted almost like mirrors and reflected the light from Blaze's wrists.

Eventually the path opened up into a big cavern that was pretty much covered in ice. Sarah rubbed her hands together as her breath began to fog up here. "Well, this is rather pleasant. A bit cold, but pleasant." She said as she dug out some heat warmers out of her purse and shook them up and rubbed them against her hands. "Plenty for everyone if they need it." She said with a smile as Blaze leaned against a wall that actually began to melt due to his high body temperature, covering his back with water.

Sarah chuckled as the Blaziken quickly got away from the water, muttering under his breath. "Not a good idea Blaze." She giggled as the Blaziken crossed his arms with a huff.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Dorian Dammer​

The wild Whiscash tried to dodge Marc's attack, but to no avail, and it was hurled against a rock. It cried out in pain and glared at the Grovyle. Then it closed his eyes and focused its willpower on its head, making it glow oddly. Then it leaped towards Marc and attacked, hitting him in the stomach making him step back some feet. He clutched his red stomach, having been hit hard, and was unable to attack as the wild Whiscash attacked with Zen headbutt once more.

"Argh!" Marc exclaimed, "That's it! No more holding back!"

Marc leaped forward and tried to hit Whiscash with Leaf Blade. The wild Pokémon, however, launched a Water Pulse at the Grovyle, and, despite the fact that it was hit, Marc seemed more affected by the attack than it was before. He felt dizzy, and everything became blurry and weird to his eyes.

"Marc, listen to me for once!" Dorian exclaimed, "Use Absorb!"

"Shut up, Dorian!" Marc shouted, in Pokémon language which Dee Dee could not understand, of course. But he knew when it was still disobedient.

He attempted to use Leaf Blade on Whiscash, but his blurry vision not only made him miss, but also made him crash against a rock, shattering it and hurting the Marc badly. Whiscash attacked from behind with another Zen Headbutt, and it seems the tables were about to be turned for the wild Pokémon.

"Come on! Absorb!" Dorian exclaimed.

Marc sighed. "Fine! But only because I need energy!" he yelled, and tried to focus on the wild Whiscash. He fired an odd green ball at it, and then, some green balls of energy came from the Whiskers Pokémon and went directly to Marc, who felt slightly better. However, his vision was still blurry.

"Great, Marc!" Dee Dee said, smiling, "Now, Leaf Blade!"

Marc sighed and used the leaves on his arms to attack the Whiskers Pokémon, and at the same time Whiscash attacked with Zen Headbutt. Both Pokémon collided in mid-air and fell down on the sandy ground, both struggling to keep on battling. And since there wasn't water around, Whiscash was having a pretty hard time.

Wow, that Pokémon sure is strong...It seems to be a Water-type, and should be weak to a Grass-type like Marc, but it still managed to put up a good fight... Dee Dee thought, Should I...add it to my team? He took out a Pokéball, and looked at it as he wondered whether he should catch the Whiscash or not. He looked at the Whiskers Pokémon and saw that it was trying to get away, and go back to the sea.

Now's my chance. It's now or never.

He aimed at the wild Whiscash, and threw the Pokéball right at it. Marc, still struggling to get back on his feet, saw as the red round device flew towards his opponent, and hit it in the head, and then all of a sudden, the Whiscash turned into a bright red light and went inside the device. It brought him memories of when he got caught. Anyway, after the wild Pokémon was inside the Pokéball, the object shook around. Dorian stared at it and crossed the fingers from both of his hands, wishing that it would stop and the click that brings relief to the hearts of all trainers was heard.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Ayame Akiko
448.gif
259.gif
261.gif

As Ayame had warned Dorian, one of Dorian's pokeballs bursted open and Marc, his paranoid and cocky Grovyle. Hikari wanted to join the party but Ayame signed her to stay out of this battle and smiled, exciting to see Dorian's and Marc's so called "teamwork"

This pokemon was a Wishcash, Ayame could tell from the "W" on his head. Dorian commanded Marc a move but just like always, Marc refused to listen to his trainer, the second time again he ignored Dorian, untill time was running, Marc decided to do the move Dorian was commanding him, finally the real teamwork started, and Ayame enjoyed to see this.

Suddenly Dorian trew a pokeball to the head of the almost fainted Wishcash and catched him, a new team member he had it seemed. 'Good work guys~' Ayame cheered and smiled at both the paronoid Grovyle and her best friend who she was deeply in love with.

'A Wishcash that can resist Grass moves... It must be a strong pokemon.' Ayame glanced at the pokeball Dorian was holding, amazed by it's stats and the fight the pokemon had pulled up.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

Part 5b: Articuno's Rage

Day 3: Evening/Night
August 24th - September 6th

s_s__anne_remake_by_peekychew-d3raga7.png

Carla watched from on deck, the trainers frolicking in the water, others daring to enter the dark caves of the Seafoam Islands. A glint of light across the evening sky caught the hostess' attention, drawing her away from the tranquil trainers and high in to the sky.

"CAW!" Came a powerful call, making the hairs on her arms stand on end. The bird seemed to be coming straight for the S.S. Anne, enraged by something. Having only seen pictures, Carla thought the ice bird to be a majestic, calm being - but it didn't seem as though that was the case.

210px-144Articuno.png

"O-...Officer Jenny?" Carla stammered, looking back at the policewoman, who was also staring at the glint in the distance.

The brilliant, blue Articuno flew through the sky. A trail of glimmering, icy dust trailed behind the long tail of the beautiful legendary bird Pokémon. "Articuno, A legendary bird Pokémon. It can create blizzards by freezing moisture in the air." Stated a nearby trainer's Pokédex, an audience gathering as others noticed the spectacle.

With another blood-curdling call, Articuno swooped down - letting loose a wild ice-beam along the sea, towards the trainers and the entrance to the caverns. The water froze rapidly, erupting into giant spikes of ice which rushed towards the shore.

Officer Jenny was the first to react, "Move, move!" She screamed as she ran down the gangplank, her Growlithe hot on her heels. Chaos descended on the beach and people ran for cover, diving behind rocks and running back towards the ship.

~*-*~​

An icy film covered the cave, thickest at the entrance which has quickly become cut off completely. The angry bird circled above, occasionally diving down to lead another onslaught.

Officer Jenny had already ushered the most vulnerable to good cover, whilst other trainers stood by her - helping to defend from the reoccuring ice-beams and slowly chip away at the ice plug. On the other side of the ice, Blaine and everyone locked inside were stuck in a similar situation - desperately fighting off the swarms of cave Pokémon, who were using the dark to their advantage, and attempting to melt the ice cap which prevented the trainers' escape.

Interactable NPCs

Spr_BW_Waitress.png
Spr_BW_Nurse.png
Spr_B2W2_Blaine.png
Spr_B2W2_Pok%C3%A9mon_Ranger_F.png

Inside the caves

Your task is to escape! Get out before you freeze to death! Blaine and his fire Pokémon (Ninetails and Arcanine) are there to assist. They are attempting to melt the ice covering the entrance, however the cold conditions means that even powerful flamethrowers aren't making much difference.

There are, of course, other exits - through the cave extensions deep in Seafoam Islands. You might want to try your luck through there, or assist the Gym Leader and anyone else in the area. Unfortunately, with the sudden darkness, Pokémon encounters have increased dramatically, and you'll have to evade assault from the ones listed below (which you are free to capture!).​

Spr_5b_074.png
Spr_5b_220.png
Spr_5b_361.png

Spr_5b_206.png
Spr_5b_303.png
Spr_5b_042_m.png

Spoiler:

Outside the caves:

With Articuno on a rampage and many people locked away in the caves everyone needs to chip in. Your task is to melt the ice, or find another way in to the caves (say, an underwater entrance) to help people escape. All whilst trying to defend against some devastating ice attacks. Officer Jenny is there to lead the defence and organise people, so you may want to interact with her (and others outside).

Whilst you may attack Articuno you may not damage it, any attacks should be brushed off and delay the bird only momentarily. The legendary Pokémon will not be attacking individuals directly, but rather firing blindly downwards. No Pokéballs will work.​

Spr_5b_144.png

Remember:
Battling trainers is kind of inappropriate for this update, unless you do battle before realising the bird has attacked. Blaine may not be battled in this sequence, as he has other priorities.​

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Giselle O'Brien
503.png
498.png
496.png
148.png

Giselle smiled and nodded. It was great to hear his enthusiasm about bonding with Jarvis. "The Important thing is to not give up, just keep trying and working on the bond. If you show Jarvis how much it means to you to have a good bond it will get easier" she encouraged before getting up when she heard their names called. "I'll get your Pokemon too" she said before walking over to the desk and retrieving the two Pokeballs. "Thank you Nurse Silvers"

"Your welcome dear, have a good day" Nurse Silvers replied.

Giselle nodded and walked over to Buster. "Here's your Pokemon" she said handing him the Pokeball.

Flara smirked, well as much as a Tepig could smirk "Te Tepig Pig Te Tepig!" (You haven't seen what I can do)

Giselle sat back down about to say something when a loud blood-curdling call rang through the air. "What the" Giselle said standing quickly. "Let's go see what's going on Buster" she said calling back Draco and Rosie, but for some reason she kept out Flara and picked up the Tepig. "it sounds serious" she said as another loud call was heard.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Call of the Ice Bird! Articuno Attacks!

George smiled at Jarvis, he could feel tht things were going to work out pretty well from now on! As Giselle went and fetched both of their PokéBalls, Buster stretched himself out a bit in the couch. Ahhh, that's good.

"Thanks!" He said to Giselle as he took Penumbra's PokéBall and put it in his pocket. The Umbreon needed to rest, getting knocked out by two Water-type moves in a fair amount of time could really eat away at your nerves. Meanwhile, Jarvis was backing off a bit from Flara's smirk. Apparently she knew some tricks up her sleeves... The Duskull made a mental note to avoid this one in battle before learning a bit about her tricks.

Suddenly, a loud call was heard. Buster's hair became even more spiky than it already was and Jarvis hid accordingly behind his Trainer's legs yet again. Even Eliza flinched at the sound. A horrible shrill went through her body as the metallic feathers on the Skarmory's body started rustling violently. George quickly got up with Giselle and returned Eliza to her PokéBall. For some reason, he left Jarvis clinging to the young man's leg as they made their way out.

The sight that met them outside the ship was an ornithologist's dream come true. Or nightmare, depending on how you saw it. Around the island flew a giant Bird-Pokémon. It was icy blue with a dark blue crest on its head it seemed. Trailing behind it were cold air with snoflakes and whatnot while the bird furiously attacked with Ice Beams. George recognized this Pokémon. It was one from the legendary bird-trio of Kanto, Articuno.

"W... Whooooaa..." Buster's eyes became as big as dinner plates from looking at the bird. Never before had he been THIS close to a legendary Pokémon, oh everybody back home were gonna' be sooo jealous! "It's, an Atricuno! That. Is. So. Awesome." The young man said before he started running around like a child in circles, exlaiming "Woo!" and "Whoop Whoop!" randomly. But after a while of enthusiasm, the young man cameto a quick halt.

"Waaaiit..." He began, "It's destroying stuff. That's not good..."

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Giselle O'Brien
503.png
498.png
496.png
148.png

Giselle followed Buster quickly and when they reached the deck of the ship her eyes went wide as she froze. Looking up in the sky she saw a Pokemon she had only ever heard about, Articuno, and it was attacking the beach. "Why is it attacking People" Giselle thought before turning to look at Buster, he was running around like a child yelling out excitedly. Shaking her head Giselle was about to say something when he stopped suddenly realizing the seriousness of the situation.

"I wonder why" she said softly before looking at Flara. "I'll call you back out in a minute" she said returning the Tepig. Before going to the rail. They were docked so they were close to the land, in fact she could see sand close. Looking around she saw the entrances to the caves were frozen, and the Articuno was still firing ice beams down. "Why is this happening?" she asked before seeing a small child, having been separated from her parents in the rush of the crowd and the panic.

About to move to the gangplank when she saw the Articuno had let an ice beam go and it was heading straight for the girl. "oh dangit" she muttered before looking at Buster. "well this is a quicker way off" she said before taking a few steps back. With a breath she ran towards the rail and flipped herself over it landing on the edge of the sand and the water. She bolted straight toward the little girl and grabbed the girl in her arms rolling out of the way, barely missing being hit. Both Giselle and the girl could feel the cold from the Ice Beam. Still on her knees on the sand Giselle looked at the girl then pointed towards Officer Jenny. "Go as quick as you can" she said watching carefully as the girl ran towards where she had pointed.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Sarah Reyes​

It seemed to be very soon that Sarah felt a trembling in the earth and she almost fell over but Blaze quickly held her. After a while the rumbling stopped and she looked around. "What do you suppose that was?" She asked the others. Before she could say anymore Blaze suddenly grew tense. He sprinted forward and grabbed Sarah in his arms as he dashed to the entrance. "Blaze! What has gotten into you!?" She demanded as he made it back up the path they had just gone down and into that wide open cavern to see a troubling sight. The entrance had been frozen over! Sure, pokemon knew Ice Beam in these caves more than likely but this was something entirely different! Whatever had spread this ice had been really powerful!

Sarah looked over and saw a elderly man with a white hat and a cane near the entrance with several fire type pokemon there as well. Other trainers were there and looked rather shaken, some were helping to try and break the ice barrier while others were battling cave pokemon that were trying to attack the trainers. "This is bad." Sarah said as Blaze put her down gently and rushed over to a Swinub that was firing off a Icy Wind at a Swellow. It barely had enough time to turn around before Blaze slammed his foot into it and kicked it like a football with a Blaze Kick.

"Swiiiii!" The Swinub cried out as it flew across the room and slammed into a wall which promptly knocked it out.

"Blaze!" Blaze cried out as Sarah ran to him, shivering as she approached the ice that was keeping them in. "Great job! Now, let's help get this barrier melted!"

"Blaze!" He cried as he ran up to a free spot and shot out a powerful Flamethrower at it. The elder man that was there just looked over. "Flamethrowers aren't doing anything! Fire attacks can't seem to breach it! We need strength here!" He said. A Ninetales and Arcanine were helping to melt it, but like he said it wasn't doing much.

"My Blaze know physical attacks. Can that work?"

The man nodded. "We need to try whatever we can!"

Sarah nodded, "Right! Blaze, Go at it with Double Kick!"

Blaze did so, but it didn't seem to do that much. "Blaze, Bulk Up!" She shouted as she opened up two more pokeballs to release Tim and Yipper. "Both of you, Bulk Up!" She shouted. All three flexed their arms as a red aura surrounded them and their bodies grew some muscle. Still, would that be enough? "Bulk Up again!" Once more the three pokemon raised their attacks as she pointed at the ice plug. "Blaze, go at it with Double Kick! Yipper, use Karate Chop! Tim, hit it with Mach Punch!"

The three got to work and began to slam their attacks against it, slowly chipping the ice away. Sarah looked at a fourth pokeball and opened it to reveal her new Heracross Julia. "Hera?" The bug pokemon asked as it looked around. Sarah knew it wasn't really a good introduction speech as she patted the bug on the shoulder. "Julia. I am your trainer. I am sorry I haven't let you out yet, but I really need your help. We are trapped in this cavern and you need to help us get out. Can you use some Brick Breaks on that ice until we can get through?" She asked as she pointed over at the obstacle.

The bug was silent for a while but smiled and nodded. "Great girl! Use Brick Break then!" Julia flew forth and landed before it and began to beat and chop at it.

It seemed the cave pokemon would not leave them alone as Geodudes soon appeared. She still had one pokemon left though! She opened up Dewer's pokeball and the Poliwag looked around curiously before looking at his opponent. "Dewer, listen to me and we can get out of here alive! Use Bubblebeam!" The Poliwag took in a deep breath and fired out some bubbles that hit into two of the Geodude. They both cried out. One began to use a Defense Curl while the other grabbed a rock and threw it at him. Dewer cried out in pain, but Sarah called out another command. "Bubblebeam again!" Dewer obliged and hit both again. One of the Geodudes fell unconscious. The other curled up into a ball and slammed right into Dewer causing the Poliwag to fall into his back. "Dewer! Bubblebeam!" She shouted as the Geodude turned and headed to the Poliwag still using Rollout. Dewer sent out more bubbles and knocked him out. "Good going! Now we just need to support the others!" She said as her pokemon continued to chip away at the ice.

PkmnRangerJ

Pokemon Ranger
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
Orenji: ICE ICE BABY!

Orenji noticed that it seemed wayyyyyyyyyy colder than usual, like a-pokemon-couldn't-rest-in-peace-cause-it-was-killed-by-Team-Rocket-and-haunted-the-Tower cold. The giant sheet of ice was a nice touch, minus the whole near sub-zero tempatures detail. Oh, and Sarah and some old guy were trying to melt the ice, it seemed to be doing the bare minimum however.

An idea sprung to mind. "Angel use Aura Sphere, help out the old man and Sarah break that ice!" He then tightened his jacket abit, this orange bad boy was actually quite rare, a gift from a mafioso that was depressed at the Tower until he worked his magic. It's stylish, if immoral to wear at all. Made from the Thick Fat of a Pignite skin mixed with the warm downy feathers of several Torchic, the few who knew of the now discontinued brand had it out for him. It certainly served him well now, he was almost toasty.

He then rememberd the rest of the team could help. "Troll use Will-O-Wisp! Wolfsbane use Double Kick! Maytec use Will-O-Wisp as well!" While he was certainly warm, he was the only one in this cave that to his knowledge had the most effective yet most illegal jacket. So that meant there was time limit before everyone else and everypokemon froze to death. Well, plan A is always use brute force, and he wasn't the only one in on the plan.

Troll and Maytec would burn parts of the ice, which would be shattered by a Double Kick from Wolfsbane. Large chunks of solid ice fly in all directions when hit by Angel's Aura Sphere, however it seemed like no matter how deep they got there was just more ice. He himself did a few Sentai poses straight out of Zyuranger, hoping he could have the strength of Mammothranger, before punching the ice with the force of 170,000,000 years.

Which broke 4 fingers, knuckles, and his wrist in several places.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Marc's strong grass attacks brought the wild Whiscash to near-fainting, with a well timed throw Dorian launched a Pokéball at the wild Pokémon...

Dorian caught a wild Whiscash! This Whiscash has a hidden ability!

Level: 26
Ability: Hydration
Moveset: Water Gun, Water Pulse, Tickle, Amnesia, Zen Headbutt.

Marc matured to level 30!

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Ortzi "Oz" Aidyn

This other was quiet, almost abnormally nervous. Poor thing. Oz smiled curiously, peering at him as anyone else would. He knew how to appear, as if wondering why the other was so confused and unsettled. He took care not to appear offended however, as that was just bad manners overall. He merely waited patiently for a few moments more, only for the back of his neck to prickle with unseen, unfelt emotion.

That was his only warning before the boat practically rocked him off his feet. Oz steadied himself and glanced at the other male with concern. Well... whatever was likely happening outside, it would be best to see if they could do something about it. He smiled. "It seems the world is putting our meeting on hold," he offered gently to soothe his next words. "Why don't we go see what's going on and... work from there?" Oz almost offered his head before deciding that was dangerous territory for the fellow.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Dorian Dammer

The hoped-for click was heard. The battle was over, and the wild Whiscash was now on Dorian's side. The boy walked past Marc, who was still struggling to get back on his feet, and picked up the Pokéball. He looked at it smiling, then placed it back on his belt and grabbed Marc's Pokéball. "Marc, return." he said, "You could use some rest."

"Oh, you don't say?" Marc replied sarcastically before being turned into a red light and going inside of the Pokéball.

Dorian turned to Ayame, with eyes full of joy. Then he noticed an odd glint of light in the sky, and his smile was quickly replaced by a confused expression. He didn't think it was something important, and soon the smile returned to his face as he walked towards his best friend. He opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted by a very loud, powerful call.

"CAAAAWWWW"

"What was that?" Dee Dee asked, only to see a giant blue bird flying right at them. Little did the boy know that this was Articuno, the legendary bird Pokémon, although he could feel there was something about this bird that was special. The sight of it was amazing to Dorian's eyes, as he never thought he'd see something like that. However, the bird didn't look so happy, and it looked ready to attack as it flew towards the luxury liner.

"GYYAAAOOOHH!" the bird called again.

Articuno then fired an Ice Beam at the beach where many people were enjoying themselves. The water hit by the beam froze in an instant, and the caves were covered by a film, which blocked the entrance completely and left many people, including Gym Leader Blaine, trapped inside and at the mercy of the wild Pokémon in there.

"Queenie, Neon, come back!" Dee Dee said and returned both his Eevee and his Butterfree. Both of them were staring at the majestic ice bird in awe before being sent back. After placing both Pokéballs on his belt, he looked up to see Articuno flying in circles above Seafoam Islands. Then he looked at Ayame worriedly and with fear in his eyes, when suddenly the bird flew down and blindly fired another Ice Beam at the island. Dee Dee's eyes opened wide, and were about to fall off his head when he saw that the beam was close to striking his beloved Ayame from behind, and immediately rushed over to her and pushed her aside.

"GYAOOH!"

While in the air, Dorian quickly turned so that he would be the one to fall and Ayame wouldn't get hurt. He closed his eyes and couldn't see that the beam had missed the two kids by just a matter of inches. After falling, he tried to hold back the scream of pain and clutched Ayame as Articuno continued to fly around and attack.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Call of the Ice Bird! Articuno Attacks!

George's eyes gleamed as Giselle jumped down to save a small child by rolling out of the way of an Ice Beam fired by Articuno itself! The young man felt no real sense of danger as of now - in fact, he was almost jealous of Giselle for getting the opportunity to do something so cool - when he watched the little girl run safely to the ship. Jarvis covered behind and held onto his Trainer's leg as if his life - or rather exsistence - depended on it, which it did in a sense.

Buster quickly tried to survey the area where the bird was attacking. Luckily it seemed like it had gone away from Giselle to focus on other things. At first George wondered what that could be, but then he realized that the bird probably had more people to mutilate with ice. Two people he seemed to spot right now in fact! Away from George - on the beach - were a couple. Well they seemed like a couple, so Buster just assumed they were. In any case, both of them seemed to be out cold on the ground which wasn't good.

It was bad enough that two people were unconsious during a time like this, but it was even worse that Articuno seemed to focus on them! George made a run for it and started moving in the couple's direction.

"Giselle!" He shouted over the shrills from Articuno and the sounds of ice materializing everywhere, "There are two people over there, I think that they're unconsious!!!" He shouted, even louder this time as he came closer and closer to the two. Then, he heard a loud shrill as Articuno made a dive for George, he yelped and leaped out of the way with only a small margin. Jarvis was practically crying out of fear where he was, glued to his Trainer's leg.

"Jarvis," Buster said, "I need you to distract Articuno." Jarvis gave George a look which seemed to be saying "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR EFFING MIND??!!!". The young man sighed and looked at his Duskull. "Jarvis, I need you to help me out here. If not, then we may all end up dead! So please, please trust me. Please trust me." He pleaded. Jarvis stopped for a moment. He looked deeply into Geroge's eyes, he looked deeply into the pleading eyes that begged him to help, he looked deeply into them again... And then he couldn't say no. No mattee how hard he tried. Jarvis nodded. He jumped down from Buster's leg and awaited an order.

"Good!" Buster exclaimed. "Jarvis, first I need you to distract Articuno with a Confuse Ray. Then, use Shadow Sneak, that way you'll always be really fast and it won't be able to catch you. Okay?" The Duskull nodded. He was going to try his best at this. So, according to plan, the Ghost-type fired off an Confuse Ray at the ice-bird. It had no effect on it, but it did bring the attention of the Ice/Flying-type to Jarvis. Next up, he dove into the ground with a splat and became a shadow. He zipped around, going further away from his trainer to make sure he had space to help the others. The Duskull aslo zigzaged to avoid attacks from the bird. He was scared. Oh how he was scared. But, he had to do this for Buster, and that was all the motivation he needed for now.

Buster smiled as his Pokémon distracted the ice-bird. He now directed his attention to the couple lying on the ground. He gently slapped the male's cheek. "Hey, you. Wake up!" He said hurriedly.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Giselle O'Brien
503.png
498.png
496.png
148.png

Giselle took a deep breath still on her knees on the sand her eyes were tracking the little girls progress and only looked away when the child had reached Officer Jenny and was rushed to a safer place. Getting quickly to her feet Giselle looked up at the sky with a glare at Articuno. "Why are you doing this!!!" she screamed up at the Legendary Pokemon. Suddenly Giselle heard her name be shouted and she turned to see that Buster had made his way to the beach and was yelling about two unconscious people. Looking around she finally spotted them and sure enough there was an unconscious couple on the beach a few yards away from her.

"I see them!" she shouted back and turned back in his direction just in time to see Buster dive to the ground dodging Articuno. "Hey!" she yelled before grabbing Flara's Pokeball and calling out the Tepig. "Let's go help out Flara" Giselle said taking off running in Buster's direction. He was kneeling next to the male with Jarvis trying to distract Articuno. "Buster has the couple handled. Let's help out Jarvis" she said and Flara nodded. As they neared Jarvis Giselle suddenly stopped running. "Flara use Flame Charge!" she ordered seeing Articuno near the ground.

Flara nodded and ran full speed at Articuno surrounded by bright Flames. She slammed against the Articuno and did nothing but turn it's attention now towards Flara and Giselle. Articuno then smacked Flara with it's wing sending the Tepig flying back. "Flara!" Giselle yelled out running and diving to catch the Tepig, holding back another yell as she heard the sound of her left ankle snapping.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Ayame Akiko
448.gif
259.gif
261.gif

Ayame wanted to listen what Dorian had to say untill a bird interupted him, she hearded a loud screach.

"CRAWWWWWW" 

Ayame looked up in the air and saw a blie bird flying around, her mouth widened when she had noticed it was the legendary bird Articuno. 'w-wow...' Ayame said amazed, not noticing that the bird was making everything from ice with her ice beam, and trapped people inside the cave.

Ayame turned to Dorian and asked him what was going on with only her expressions, her mouth stayed shut. Weird enough, Dorian looked at her with fearing eyes, worried a little too it seemed, and when Ayame wanted to speak to ask him what was wrong, he pushed her aside and turned around to keep her from getting hurt.

But as they hitted the ground, both turned onconciouss too, it's unusual for Ayame, but she still did, at a time like this. Hikari ran around them really worried, trying to wake up one of them, but both had their eyes closed and refused to open them.

It didn't take long before Hikari noticed two trainers running op to them, they seemed to be trying to distract the bird, so Articuno was really aiming on them? Then why was that legendary bird doing that?

The Poochyena glanced at the trainers running around with their pokemon, it was a girl and a boy. Hikari glanced once again on her trainer, then glared at the bird. '(You ain't hittin on her!!)' Hikari ran around, trying to distract the bird too.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Sarah Reyes​

Her pokemon continued to hit the barrier and even Orenji came over and began to help as well! They would no doubt get the the barrier down at this rate! Already the center part was being reduced to a thin layer and Blaze cried out as he punched once more and shattered a small area letting some sunlight seep in. "Blaze!" He cried out in triumph and continued to use his attacks around that now destroyed area to widen the hole. Tim started to aim his punches around there as well while Yipper and Julia aimed at thin another area and break through.

Meanwhile the other man's pokemon were using flamethrower at full power and it seemed that the Will-O-Wisps that Orenji's team was using in conjunction with the flames shattered another part of the ice finally.

Sarah herself went over to Orenji and quickly inspected his hand and pulled out a some linen from her purse and began to wrap it up. "Easy, this will hurt, but we need to get you to a doctor soon. Don't move it too much dear." She could hear more of the glass shattering as the pokemon continued to break it apart.

The question she now had on her mind was what exactly sealed them off?

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Eve Murphy​

Eve stared quietly at the blocked path when before she knew it, the woman's Blaziken picked her up and moved her out of the way the same way someone would move a doll. She couldn't help but be glad this Pokémon was on the humans' side and not some wild Pokémon that could easily break everyone like a twig. Eve didn't await Link's answer and quickly ran in after the others into a cavern covered with ice.

It was extremely cold in here. Especially for Eve, who didn't even have a coat of any kind. Her band t-shirt was not even close to being able to prevent her from freezing. Achilles, of course, loved the cold in this cave. It was something he just didn't get to experience very often, if at all. He thrived in the short amount of time they got in here. The woman, whose name Eve finally remembered as Sarah, held up some heated devices of some sort, offering to give them to those that needed them.

Before Eve could get closer to her and request one, the ground shook and Sarah immediately questioned the others as to what it was. Blaze scooped the woman up and ran off, retracing their steps. It was probably just a harmless earthquake, Eve thought as she began to survey the walls of ice around them. How did it stay so cold in here? Outside, the sun was bright and warm, yet this cave somehow managed to keep itself similar to the inside of a freezer at an ice cream shop. Eve's fingernails began to turn blue, but she was too busy observing every inch of the cave to pay any mind. She began to hear noises from the other trainers near the cave entrance, and while she did want to go see what was wrong, she did only just get here... she would go back to them later...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back