• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sapphire hack: Manarii Islands

Thunderwolf1989

Ninetales fan! Ground trainer
Years
  • Info
    Rom base: Sapphire
    Name: Manarii Islands
    Hack's priority: Low (I have other projects to tend to as well), back on low.

Team
    Currently just me...

Current Jobs
    Spriter x1
    I can't really sprite or insert the images, so I'd need some help to make the 4 team's outfits in ow and in trainerbattle. New main characters and or gym leaders would be nice too.

Might need an extra mapper/scripter in the future, but for now I'll do this.
    pm me if you think you can do this.

Story
    You ran away from home... Managed to grab some money and made a run for it. Then you sneaked onto a boat, however, that is when trouble really starts, the boat is heading for the manarii islands.

By the time the boat arrives in South Harbor, fighting has begun on the boat. Trying to get off the boat, you'll get mixed in the fight. Luckily a team member of <team name needed> helps you out by giving you a starter pokemon, just enough to get away... And now you're recognized as part of that team...

The manarii islands are ruled by a total of four teams, in a 2-on-2 war against one another.

Making your way through the region, you can challenge the 4 gyms of the land, as well as collecting 4 status symbols from each of the 4 teams, which can get you into the local gym league.

Uncover the plot of the teams and become the champion of the region as you travel though the region.

Features
    - Manarii Islands to explore
    - Get taken into the team fights much more than in R/S
    - Higher difficulty level for trainers/gyms (you can't just go out, capture a pokémon and use it a gym battle right away)
    - Possible expansion of the secret base ( make a team base out of it! :P )
    - More stuff as work continues...

Status
    South Harbor - largely done, although scripts need to be worked on.
    Route 8601 - Done
    Elkalm Town - map done, needs more scripts.
    Underground Path to Sorkin - worked on.
    Sorkin - Gym and town made, not yet included in ips.
    Route 8604 - minor start...
    other towns/routes - nada...

GYM's
    Sorkin Town GYM, Leader: Thomas, Specialty: NORMAL, # of Pokémon: 2, HM01 (CUT)
    Gondas City GYM, Leader: ???, Specialty: Fire, # of Pokémon: Unknown, HM Gained ???
    Salras Village GYM, Leader: ???, Specialty: Ground, # of Pokémon: Unknown, HM???
    Amnar City GYM, Leader: ???, Specialty: Dark, # of Pokémon: Unknown, HM???

Screenshots
    If an image doesn't work, try clicking the image or visit my overview page (which has the screenies as well).
    http://www.thunderwolf.123bemyhost.com/Other/Images/overview.html

- On the boat -

- South Harbor -

- Route 8601 -

- Elkalm Town -

- Underground Path -

Region map
    Coming...

Download
    Current downloadlink:
    NOTICE: HEAVILY OUTDATED and bugged
    http://www.thunderwolf.123bemyhost.com/Other/Files/ManariiIslands_12.ips
    Notice: ips file made with Lunar IPS (LIPS, http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lips/ )

Banners
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Thunderwolf1989

Ninetales fan! Ground trainer
    Years
  • death3xx said:
    Hmm looks good how far does the Alpha/Demo/Beta go up to? Not many people hack sapphire.
    Up to where the current screenshots end, the underground path.

But there's a lot of bugs in it, here's a short list.
    - man who gives you 5 potions, game freezes if you walk up to the same spot again.
    - first fight, the enemies don't run away or they run away before the battle. If you'd enter the room again, they're back.
    - professor is the one who's investigating the ship...
    - house in elkalm moves you back to south harbor
    - probably a few more...

Jeah, I already noticed there weren't many sapphire hacks around... still, all the more reason to try and make one.

p.s. this is my first hack...

Back