• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Raj here.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
Hello all,

My name is Raj, I have been watching the shows since they first came out. I used to play all the games as well, GBC, GBA etc. I am slowly losing my sight and going blind, and I miss playing those games. I am here to hopefully figure out a way to add text to speech to those classic games, so that way I can enjoy the games, and share it with the blind community. Hopefully I can work something out.

Glad to be here, and glad to have a resource such as this. Thanks!

Years
Hi and Welcome to PC! Hope you like it here! Sorry to hear that! I Hope you manage to achieve that! If you are interested in a certain forum check out the PC Adoption thread! I'm sure someone would adopt you! Enjoy PC! : )

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Hey there, Raj!

I'm so sorry to hear that! I can't even imagine what it must be like to lose your sight. I love that you're doing something productive with your situation, though. I hope that you can find a way to add speech to the games - that would be awesome for the blind community (and it'd even be pretty neat for the public in general!)

I guess the section you want is Emulation. Down there, there are people who will tell you if that's possible and will help you figure out how to do it :). Good luck with it!

Years
Hello there, Raj! Welcome to PC! ^^

Your situation really is terrible, but I know you're strong enough to tough it out, so stay strong! Stick around PC and get involved, it's very fun here. Our community is friendly and mature so you'll definitely meet lots of amazing people. n_n I'd love to talk to you as well, if you'd like! My profile is always open~!

Adding sound to these games is really an amazing idea I've never thought of before. I'm 100% in support of something like that!

Enjoy your stay and I'll be seeing you around, okay? <33

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
Thanks for the warm wwelcome you all. Adding text to speech engine type thing would be awesome. Lots of work, but I am willing to do it as long as I have some help with it. Sounds like there are lots of knowledgeable people here so looking forward to meeting new people and having fun in the community. :)

It has been one of my dreams to make main stream games accessible to the blind. As I mentioned, I used to game a lot when I could see better, so it would be good to be able to play those again in an accessible way. I love RPG style games.

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
Hi there! Hope you have a nice stay here at PC! You're strong enough man! Fight! Meet lots of people and you can add me as friend!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
I use a screen reader to access the sites, I can't seem to click on people's profiles for some reason, so not sure how to get contact info and such. You all can feel free to add me on my Windows Live. [email protected]. Thanks.

Back