• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
Froakie better be fighting! He has a bubble mask and throws shuriken/smoke smoke bombs from his bubble cloak. Though, chespin's speculated grass/dark=6 or 7 weaknesses (depending upon the fairy effectiveness on dark). I am not big on competitive play, though, even for those of us that only play the non-metagame, that would be a brutal typing. Grass/Steel please.

Well, I found a likely...let me repeat that, HIGHLY likely fake dex leak. It is anonymous, and therefore it cannot be backed up by anything. This is mainly for entertainment value of the rumor.

http://pastebin.com/C6761nic

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
That looks really fake. The starters sound really complicated and there's too many pokemon wielding weapons...it doesn't feel right.

Also there's too many new type combinations.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Say that to Celebi. With a whopping six weaknesses and being one of the most used Pokemon in OU, I would say there's more to a Pokemon's competitive potential than just the number of weaknesses that they have. Chespin's final evo's movepool as well as stats will determine whether or not it's actually viable.

I actually hope that it's somewhere along Grass/Rock. At least be a typing where it can learn Shell Smash or something, and I'll be happy.

Me too, well that's what I'm expecting it to be. The description of Chespin having a hard shell head resonates more with a Rock or Steel typing.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Well to keep on speculating about the Mega Evolution rumors I decided to continue with Aggron which is another rumored to get a Mega Evolution.

306.png

Here are the stats I would want:

HP-70
Atk-110
Def-200
SpA-60
SpD-80
Spe-50

Sp Ability: Solid Rock

With 180 defense and Steel typing theres no question that the guys at GameFreak intended Aggron to be a defensive pokemon that could still pack a punch, it didn't go to well because it also carried a Rock typing which gave it 4X weakness to the popular Fighting Pokemon and the popular EQ. Also with its low Sp defense and HP it couldn't take Special Attacks well either, this lead to people to use Aggron as an Attacking pokemon and even if with Head Smash+Rock Head he could cause big damage it wasn't the best choice to pick as an psychical attacker.

This stat boost in both Defense and Special Defense accompanied with even more defense in the form of Solid Rock is suppose to put Aggron in the Defensive spot it deserved. I know losing Rock Head is a big hit to Aggron's attacking arsenal but Head Smash builds can only get you so far I think.

Years
Say that to Celebi. With a whopping six weaknesses and being one of the most used Pokemon in OU, I would say there's more to a Pokemon's competitive potential than just the number of weaknesses that they have. Chespin's final evo's movepool as well as stats will determine whether or not it's actually viable.

I actually hope that it's somewhere along Grass/Rock. At least be a typing where it can learn Shell Smash or something, and I'll be happy.

I'm agreeing with Derk as well, Chespin's description of having a hard shell gives off a Rock or Steel-type vibe, if it's the latter it'll be like a pseudo-Ferrothorn but being more of an attacker than a defender. Shell Smash would definitely be a move I'd like to see on it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm agreeing with Derk as well, Chespin's description of having a hard shell gives off a Rock or Steel-type vibe, if it's the latter it'll be like a pseudo-Ferrothorn but being more of an attacker than a defender. Shell Smash would definitely be a move I'd like to see on it.
There have been Pokemon with such descriptions in the past before who lack both the Rock and Steel type such as Bagon.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014
Well to keep on speculating about the Mega Evolution rumors I decided to continue with Aggron which is another rumored to get a Mega Evolution.

306.png

Here are the stats I would want:

HP-70
Atk-110
Def-200
SpA-60
SpD-80
Spe-50

Sp Ability: Solid Rock

With 180 defense and Steel typing theres no question that the guys at GameFreak intended Aggron to be a defensive pokemon that could still pack a punch, it didn't go to well because it also carried a Rock typing which gave it 4X weakness to the popular Fighting Pokemon and the popular EQ. Also with its low Sp defense and HP it couldn't take Special Attacks well either, this lead to people to use Aggron as an Attacking pokemon and even if with Head Smash+Rock Head he could cause big damage it wasn't the best choice to pick as an psychical attacker.

This stat boost in both Defense and Special Defense accompanied with even more defense in the form of Solid Rock is suppose to put Aggron in the Defensive spot it deserved. I know losing Rock Head is a big hit to Aggron's attacking arsenal but Head Smash builds can only get you so far I think.

I am more than ok with this. Aggron has the potential to be the game's best tanking pokemon. The only thing I would add to the above is a more diverse and unpredictable move pool, with the potential for more stat boosting moves and a possibility for chain bred Dragon Dance (like Tyranitar)

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I am more than ok with this. Aggron has the potential to be the game's best tanking pokemon. The only thing I would add to the above is a more diverse and unpredictable move pool, with the potential for more stat boosting moves and a possibility for chain bred Dragon Dance (like Tyranitar)

A Dragon Dance set with Aggron would be deathly, specially with its high defenses. The thing that I'm hoping for the most is a Rock type attacking move with a good secondary effect. I could totally see a Rock type move with a Paralyzing secondary effect, something similar to Body Slam where its paralyzed from brute force.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Froakie better be fighting! He has a bubble mask and throws shuriken/smoke smoke bombs from his bubble cloak. Though, chespin's speculated grass/dark=6 or 7 weaknesses (depending upon the fairy effectiveness on dark). I am not big on competitive play, though, even for those of us that only play the non-metagame, that would be a brutal typing. Grass/Steel please.

Well, I found a likely...let me repeat that, HIGHLY likely fake dex leak. It is anonymous, and therefore it cannot be backed up by anything. This is mainly for entertainment value of the rumor.

http://pastebin.com/C6761nic

Spoiler:
Why are the Metallic Knights trio have "Metal" as a typing as opposed to Steel? It can't be a new type because of Steel's existence, so this rumor leaves me suspicious.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Why are the Metallic Knights trio have "Metal" as a typing as opposed to Steel? It can't be a new type because of Steel's existence, so this rumor leaves me suspicious.

Would depend on where they are translated/leaked from...two countries call Steel Type "Metal Type". Brazil and Portugal. Some translations for Steel type are Metal type as well. Though there are way too many "Fan Demands" in that leak for me to consider it to be true.

Only one that's really a given is Fennekin's typing despite it being fan demanded. Chespin's typing is highly unlikely since Fennekin is pretty much going to be Psychic and I cannot see GF giving another starter an immunity to one of the others in its release set. For the sake of what they represent, it just goes against the very being of a starter.

There are a lot of interesting ideas, but a few I've seen written seem like fan bait. Only one that really stood out since it went against Fan demand was Litleo staying Fire/Normal cause I think the fan demand was for him to evolve into a Fire/Poison Manticore...

Oh and Clauncher evolving into a Water/Fire type since it conflicts with the early speculations of it evolving into an Electric type.

Too many questionable spots to hold any water.

For Mega Evolutions, I'm still expecting them to do what a majority of Form Changes do when Stats are involved and lower stats to boost others. I can see a great many of the Mega Pokemon getting some severe handicaps thanks to their boosts, like Mawile for instance, potentially losing both Speed or Attack to boost its Defenses up which would kinda seem like a waste. I'm expecting this to happen since this would be a typical gamefreak maneuver.

Years
I don't think they'll lower stats for most of the Megas, maybe a few though just like in normal evolutions the stats tend to go up, however there could be rearrangements like with Scyther evolving into Scizor.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't think they'll lower stats for most of the Megas, maybe a few though just like in normal evolutions the stats tend to go up, however there could be rearrangements like with Scyther evolving into Scizor.

But these aren't evolutions, they're just Form changes similar to Giratina and Shaymin's who have their stats lowered to raise others. I mean both even need specified items to assist, and Giratina's form change is the closest thing we have to Mega Evolutions so far. Since they are just form changes, they'd still fall under the same restrictions. I can't see them givin none permanent changes to both the Pokemon and the Pokemon's stats and not have a debuff to go along with it.

Years
But these aren't evolutions, they're just Form changes similar to Giratina and Shaymin's who have their stats lowered to raise others. I mean both even need specified items to assist, and Giratina's form change is the closest thing we have to Mega Evolutions so far. Since they are just form changes, they'd still fall under the same restrictions. I can't see them givin none permanent changes to both the Pokemon and the Pokemon's stats and not have a debuff to go along with it.
I feel if they were to be too debuffed it'll defeat the purpose of them being called Stronger forms of the Pokemon. They're suppose to be powerful according to advertisements, so if there's a debuff I don't see it being too significant as to still have them be more Powerful versions of pre existing Pokemon. Also keep in mind that GF is trying to pass them off as evolutions...semi permanent...so while they don't fit our typical view of evolutions they are according to word of creator (GF in this case) technically evolutions.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I feel if they were to be too debuffed it'll defeat the purpose of them being called Stronger forms of the Pokemon. They're suppose to be powerful according to advertisements, so if there's a debuff I don't see it being too significant as to still have them be more Powerful versions of pre existing Pokemon. Also keep in mind that GF is trying to pass them off as evolutions...semi permanent...so while they don't fit our typical view of evolutions they are according to word of creator (GF in this case) technically evolutions.

And based on the word of the creator, Sky form Shaymin, Black Kyurem, White Kyurem, and Resolute Keldeo are all "new Pokemon" and not Pokemon forms. While were on it Keldeo's Resolute Form is "Supposed to be stronger than his original form" there was no stat change with it. They hyped it up as his stronger form for both the movies and when he was released for B2W2. They can still be stronger even with a debuff, change in type for Ampharos and different abilities like Mawile's Huge Power makes them stronger already. Having different stats makes them stronger as well, but they'd still get debuffed to balance out the changes.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Just noticed that the new leaked pokedex doesn't have any evolutions to older pokemon besides Sylveon. I think thats a little odd. I kinda expect a few more real evolutions to be added as well.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
that leaked fake pokedex is very interesting. But its so long lol. I noticed something bought a fighting/flying gorilla. please be fake gamefeak. just no. I like the idea of a mermaid mon hahaaaa. I actually wish that was real. And do I see a zombie in that fake leak...OOOH. If that was real I would shower game freak with gold lol.

Back