• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Ash's final anime team??

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
Years

• I like Swadloon but the way the writers made him a seventh Pokemon sort of screamed to me that they could replace him by trade or possibly have him fall in love with another one its kind and they'd set off. I don't know, it's just me. I'm pretty excited that Ash received a Dark type but I was a little disappointed because I wanted him to be a little bit more evil looking. If that makes sense. I'd love to see Ash with a Psychic because he's never had one. The new series has been the opening doors for all things brand new and I hope they don't fall into old habits, which right now they haven't but you know... They're doing a great job as of right now. I don't know but I saw alot at the beginning when he was catching her and how she is. If she were to evolve prematurely, then I can see her not listening to him but like you said, they've already got that storyline with Iris and her Excadrill who is a fantastic Pokemon.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • In my opinion, his team would look more like;

Pikachu
    Dewott
    Scraggy
    Emboar
    Gigalith
    New pokemon

But that's just my opinion based on previous times in the anime.

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
    Years
  • In my opinion, his team would look more like;

Pikachu
    Dewott
    Scraggy
    Emboar
    Gigalith
    New pokemon

But that's just my opinion based on previous times in the anime.

They'd at least use the Unova starters, i'm sure. I think i'm almost certain the Unova starters will be at the forefront of it all.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Since this time around he rotates his Pokemon, I don't think we'll see a "final" team. I can see Tepig reaching it's final stage, it seems like a Pokemon that wants to get stronger. Snivy will probably stay a Snivy since it seems to proud, Oshawott may not evolve, if it does I can only see it becoming a Dewott. Tranquill will probably reach Unfezant since it's the bird of the region and they always reach the final stage some way or another. Scrappy will evolve; like Tepig It seems to want to get stronger. Swadloon will probably evolve into Leavanny but I can somehow seeing it leaving Ash's team. Palpitoad will probably stay a Palpitoad. Roggenrola will probably reach Gigalith. Pikachu will gtfo I know I've already posted in this thread, but Pokemon have been caught and junk since last time.

Years
  • Here's my prediction.

th_025.gif
    Pikachu will stay, it's his first Pokemon.

th_501.gif
    I love Oshawott and his evos but this Oshawott is too cute to evolve.

th_496.gif
    I think Snivy is becoming similar to Bayleef, won't evolve all the way and she's a girl.

th_500.gif
    Ash evolved all his Fire starters so I see Tepig fully evolving too.

th_521_f.gif
    Ash evolved all his Flying type birds so I see his Tranquill eventually becoming Unfezant.

th_542.gif
    It's already a Swadloon but I see this guy evolving. Bug Pokemon are easy to raise.

th_560.gif
    I see Scraggy evolving for sure. It's actually his first Dark type.

th_537.gif
    He caught a Palpitoad (which was unexpected) so if Oshawott doesn't evolve, this guy will.

th_526.gif
    He caught a Roggenrola? Never expected that as well. But this little guy will evolve all the way to Gigalith.

I think the starters should have been divided between characters like they were in Hoenn.

Ash should have Oshawott, I'd give Tepig to Iris and Snivy to Cilan.
    Hikari10, please don't post in threads that haven't received a reply in over a month. Normally I'm suppose to lock bumped threads, but seeing how this one went under the radar and is having active discussion I'll just leave it be.

Carry on with your thread. =)

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2011
    I think ash should just evolve pikachu. It could give the series a bit more freshness. I'm sure they could even find a way to devolve him later on.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Pikachu already refused to evolve, it's not going to happen. And this isn't Digimon they don't devolve. As much a I would prefer Raichu it's not happening end of story.

Twiggity Twang

Ruler of the Ice Boundary
    Years
  • Ash's Unova Team — Speculation and Hypotheses

Currently, Ash's "Staples" are: Pikachu, Oshawott, Tepig, Snivy, and Scraggy.
    Now, his "Rotational Members" are: Tranquill, Swadloon, Palpitoad, Roggenrola, and possibly the oft-mentioned Krokorok that was set to appear in the Plasma-dan mini-arc.

Now, for my ideas...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Currently, Ash's "Staples" are: Pikachu, Oshawott, Tepig, Snivy, and Scraggy.
    Now, his "Rotational Members" are: Tranquill, Swadloon, Palpitoad, Roggenrola, and possibly the oft-mentioned Krokorok that was set to appear in the Plasma-dan mini-arc.

Now, for my ideas...

Spoiler:
    Pikachu - It got it's attack it has plenty of developement in past sagas. It will get it's battles and there isn't really much we need to see out of it.

Oshawott - Just because he is evolved doesn't mean they can't still give him a unique personality. Hell I thought Charizard had more personality once evolved then it ever did as a Charmander. I can't help but think they will evolve it after as much focus and battles it has received. I personally want to see a Samurott out of him. I think the writers can be creative enough to give him a personality upon evolving. And who's to say we don't see another joker like poke come along after he evolves(pending it happens).

Tepig - Same ole abused/neglected Fire type. He really doesn't have much personality, which is why I think they don't have much personality too lose from him evolving so the writers have an easy job to do with him going to Pignite or even Emboar.

Snivy - I just don't get the feeling this one will evolve.But what made me think it may get to Servine is they said in BW007 that Snivy sometimes abandon a weak trainer so if Ash makes Snivy strong and eventually evolves this may not be an issue.

Scraggy - This ones personality could be the interesting personality to cover for Oshawott personality if it evolves and loses what personality it did have. And the preview said "A" Scrafty will also appear in this episode leading me to believe it is different from Ash's.

Swadloon - I don't see a reach to evolve Swadloon fast either. I mean it evolves to Leavanny through Happiness, and happiness shouldn't have to come by so fast. I kind of get the feeling that the Leavanny may be Lukes, who knows I am hoping it is Ash's but he wasn't the one pictured next to it in the scans so...

Tranquill - Haters gonna hate. I honestly see nothing wrong with Tranquill outside of it getting shafted. It can't get much room for development if it appears in every couple episodes. I did like that it got some development teaching Archen how to fly. Like all three stage birds I see Tranquill getting to Unfezant.

Palpitoad - Hopefully it gets some development during the tournament and it is part of the 4th Gym match due to typing of course. I get a Muk v2 more then a Poilwhirl. Meaning this would will probably be at the lab a good deal.

Roggenrola - Gigalith omg yes please! One of my favorite 5th Gen. I could see this being one of the powerhouses if fully evolved. And trade it for Excadrill? This doesn't make sense, why would Iris trade a pokemon that just started to obey here again, and here first pokemon she ever caught. That's like Ash trading Pikachu imo.

Krokorok - I got the feeling we will see this pokey again some time soon. Maybe he gets one and does a Krokorok vs. Krokorok in Clay gym.

Others - As far as the other ones you mentioned As much as I would like them on his team I just ain't seeing it for what ever reason. Deino seems more Iris like, due to her being a Dragon Master(even though not strictly Dragon Trainer), Reuniclus it would seem to fit Ash but not seeing it, Accelgor I doubt they would want to have him with two trade evolution pokes during the same saga, Braviary and Carracosta I would crap my pants if he got those two! Although I don't see that happening either. I see him get Rufflet more then him getting Tirtouga.

Back