• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Software Patenting Debate(s)

Years
  • Do you think softwares should be allowed to be patented? If so, where do you think the fine line between patentable and non-patentable? Is there even a fine line?

Also, do you think software patenting encourages or discourages future inventions?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I believe that software should be able to patent, but businesses should not be able to patent. If someone creates a genuinely unique product for the public, then it is their property and they should not have their idea stolen from them without permission. It was their hard work that created the product, and they have the right tom akei t their own. Hover, this has been taken to the extreme. Companies sue each all the freakin time over patents, and it's really annoying. I hated how Tomita Technologies sued Nintendo over some stupid 3DS bs.

I don't think that businesses should have patents. I've noticed in Kentucky that the moving business has prevailed. A company called Wildcat Movers was prospering, when the bigwig moving company businesses decide to take legal action and shut them down. Now that infuriated me! The big business felt like they would go out of business, and they were scared. Everyone should have a chance with their business, how will we develop in a great entrepreneurial ages if the bigwigs are always in control? I thought that their actions were unfair and made them look bad.

Back