• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I like your accent, where'd you get it?

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
  • I really enjoy listening to the Japanese, Korean accents from Asia, and I also like hearing the Swahili/Kiswahili (around Kenya and Tanzania) accents from Africa, and almost forgot from the same continent, I also like the Kinyarwandan and Kirundi accents (from Burundi and Rwanda).

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • Asian, Russian, Irish, Scottish, Italian, French, and Canadian. Lolyup

I've been around... alot.
    People either tell me that i've got 'no accent' in that I sound like i'm not from anywhere, or that I have a beautifully melodious voice, and that I should use it more.

Years
  • I really love Scottish, Irish and Australian accents, with Russian not too far behind. That's being pretty broad, though, since each of those accents have many different dialects, but I'm not all that familiar with which is which.

As for myself, I would say I have a Canadian accent, but really it sounds no different than the standard American TV/radio accent.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • British accents. Love 'em.

I also dig Scottish accents. mostly because I love Willie from the Simpsons.

Oh, and English Indian accents.

Years
  • What's a Canadian accent? When I was down in Kentucky, a whole lot of Americans from all over the country said we (we went for DECA) had a "Canadian" accent.

But I love the Cockney accent as well as the Quebecois accent.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I love British accents a ton, they're so enticing and sexy. I also like Australian, Scottish, Japanese, Irish, Italian, New York (specifically Staten Island accent) , Boston , Dutch, Swedish and Canadian.

I guess I have an accent, I'm sure we all do have some accent, I just don't noticed. Considering I'm from St.Louis I guessing a St Louis accent accent? I know some St.Louisians and Missourian say "warsh" instead of "wash" and "farty-far" (yes I know it sounds like fart.) instead of "forty-four" and I can find myself saying some of those words like that sometimes.

Username_9138

@Somniac: That is just like the best accent ever. I mean EVER.

But, in any case, I like English and Irish and Scottish accents and (Welsh and) the like. Although that's not to say there's an accent I don't like; I think it's all interesting.

I kinda get annoyed when people say they don't have an accent. I mean, to ourselves that's true, but to other people it won't always be. That being said, I do have the Midwestern you-don't-have-an-accent accent, the one people usually look to TV newscasters or general American characters for. Although there are probably elements of others in there; I often dismember hard consonants like "t" and "g" from a word, like the strange "ne'ermine" instead of the actual word "nevermind." Words like "tantalizing" become "tannalizing," and "I can't even" becomes "I canneven."

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    British, but more specifically Manchester. I loooooove the Manchester accent. I want a Manchester accent. I need a Manchester accent!!!

I don't know much about where these are from specifically, so they're pretty vague, but I also quite like Scottish, Australian, and Irish accents.

Years
  • I pretty much have an obsession with Scottish accents. They're just so cool!
    British and Russian accents are pretty cool, too.

I don't think of myself as having an accent, of course. I speak American English, with no special dialect. But then again, that's just to myself.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I have a Canadian accent?

But when I speak French, people confuse me for Acadian, Russian or Belgium.

It's funny 'cause people ask me where I'm from all the time lol most think Europe 'cause I'm so white XD

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • 100% of English dialects, Irish, Polish, 90% of American dialects, pretty much anything European where they try to speak English and it comes out all broken. Except French, not really a huge fan of French accents when spoken in English.

Back