• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help out my stall team?

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2012
I recently got back into Pokemon and decided to make a stall team, but I'm in need of some help. Is this team competitive enough? Can you please help me out and suggest changes for me?

Well, here is the team.

Potato (Hippowdon) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 176 HP / 84 Def / 248 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stockpile
- Roar
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

My lead. Stockpile to raise his defense and sp defense. Stealth Rock for entry hazards. Slack Off to heal. And spam Roar. Used for the Sandstorm.

Eggy (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

Pretty straight forward. Flamethrower just in case she needs to attack. My main healer.

Gingi (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Same strategy as Hippowdon. Spikes for entry hazards and spam Whirlwind. Roost when needed and Brave Bird if he
needs to attack. SkamBliss combo.

Bunnilla (Cradily) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SDef
- Stockpile
- Recover
- Toxic
- Rock Slide

Stockpile to raise defense and sp defensive. Recover while stalling the enemy with Toxic. Rock Slide if I need to attack. He's on my team just in case other teams decide to Roar/Whirlwind me.

Nespi (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Protect

Pretty straightfoward.

Dat Jelleh (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam

Will-O-Wisp to hurt steel or poison enemies who can't get poisoned. Recover for healing. Ice Beam/Scald for Gliscor and stuff since my team seems to have a problem with him.

Concerns: taunting, entry hazards, and going against other stall teams. Please help me out since I'm still getting used to competitive play again.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I'd replace Stockpile with Earthquake on Hippowdon so it can attack when needed to and won't end up being Taunt bait. I'd also replace Rock Slide and Stockpile on Cradily for Giga Drain and Stone Edge and finally Seismic Toss to replace Flamethrower on Blissey for the same reasons as I stated with Hippowdon. Everything else looks solid if you ask me.

Back