• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More Tiers?

Jat

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2013
I was just thinking yesterday, and then a question popped into my head,"What if some sort of pokemon existed or was pumped to be stronger than ubers?" Anyways, I just wanted to to know if anyone else is thinking this, and what would the criteria to be to get into these higher tiers. ANY REPLIES ARE APPRECIATED.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Then it would be in the Uber tier. The Uber tier was created specifically for Pokemon that are too overpowered. You cannot get 'stronger than uber' because it was always be Uber.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Still under a month and only just saw this, kinda interesting to think about.

tbh that is a good point. Effectively there could be a Pokemon that is so overpowered that it can beat everything in every other tier including ubers. It seems impossible but if that were true I'd assume it would just not be allowed to be used, and in which case there would be no point in Game Freak making it because it beats everything else singlehandedly, ruining the "fun" of Pokemon. Perhaps said Pokemon would get an item that specifically would prevent it from being overpowered or an ability or something (in which case it'd be a complicated ban if it were to be used), but... I'd still say that's kinda impossible, I don't really think Pokemon is designed for one thing that could beat every other Pokemon in the space of four moves. So yeah I really don't think there will be anything that's too strong for ubers, because Arceus is meant to be the most powerful and even it can be beaten. :x

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
As someone noted above. Ubers is not meant to be balanced, it's a banlist for overpowered Pokemon. People wanted an Arceus ban iirc but it was turned down as Arceus was really really damn good not overpowered. So it really doesn't matter if someone is way too strong, it would unbalance Ubers (though it'd still be better then OU :x) but I doubt they'd do anything though admittedly Ubers has a large fanbase so anything is possible.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
The ability Moody is banned from Ubers because it's a luck factor. Any bans from ubers would likely follow this precedent.

Back