• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen how many?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2014
    So i was wondering how many pokemon you can catch in emerald without trading or cheating. The reason is i dont know anyone that plays gen three anymore and i only have one gameboy and game and cant afford to get more. I know ill never be able to fill my pokedex but i would like to know how close i can get. Thank you

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • It took me about 9 months to complete the pokedex and a year and half to complete the nationaldex as a kid.
    Ifound Emerald one of the most fun and easiest places to do the pokedex.
    It's almost impossible to finish the nationdex now however. When I did it I had friends I played it with and we traded things from leafgreen and emerald all around. But it is pretty easy to complete the pokedex in S/R/E.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2015
    I'm too lazy to count myself, but I can give you a few tips.

Look at a list of Pokémon appearing in the Hoenn Dex, such as this one.

Subtract Surskit, Masquerain, Meditite, Medicham, Roselia, Zangoose, Lunatone as well as the usual suspects - trade and event Pokémon.

Add the non-Hoenn Dex Pokémon added in Pokémon Emerald. These are the Johto starters, Sudowoodo, Smeargle and the new Pokémon in the Safari Zone's Area 5 and 6.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I once tried completing my Pokédex in Emerald, but couldn't get it quite done, though. Was lacking only two Pokémon (Feebas and Milotic), and regardless of how hard I tried, I just couldn't find them anywhere. Anyway, if you're wanting to complete your Dex, you might actually have to use cheat codes. There are a lot of Pokémon that you simply cannot get a hold of in Emerald, unless you have two GBA systems and trade them over from games like FireRed and LeafGreen... so, yes, you definitely need to use cheats. Other than that, there isn't any other way of completing it, as far as I'm aware. :P

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • Roselia, Surskit and Masqueraid, Meditite and Medicham. You can only either get Cradily and the other one or Armaldo and other one. Alakazam is only by trading. Kingdra is only by trading. Take off 6 for the other starters. So that leaves 135. And I'm probably missing a few.

EDIT:// Can only get 1 Roamer.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • Roselia, Surskit and Masqueraid, Meditite and Medicham. You can only either get Cradily and the other one or Armaldo and other one. Alakazam is only by trading. Kingdra is only by trading. Take off 6 for the other starters. So that leaves 135. And I'm probably missing a few.

EDIT:// Can only get 1 Roamer.

You can get both fossils in the game, one from the desert route and the other from the underpass in the fossil maniac's house after you beat the champion.

Also, you won't be able to receive a Johto starter since you won't be able to complete the Hoenn Dex. Regardless though, there is a large amount of Pokemon to collect in Emerald!

Back