• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will you marry me?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
  • What do you think the best way someone could propose to you? If they did this would you be more likely to say yes, even though you may not be ready? How would you propose to someone?

Don't worry I will not propose to someone like this.
    Spoiler:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Uh... Well I'm the guy so I guess I need to propose to the girl. But I dunno any romantic place to propose at, so yeah...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • It would have to be meaningful. I wouldn't want it done in a big public place like a restaurant or - God forbid - a football game like that old cliche, it would be just the two of us in a romantic moment. I don't care if it's spontaneous or planned, as long as it's a sweet or emotional moment. In fact I might prefer it to be spontaneous, because a lot of the time all the planning that goes into the moment just adds pretension and all the bells and whistles become more important than the love and happiness of the moment. It'd be more about the show of it all than about us.

One thing I would not want though, is for him to get down on one knee. I would not do it for him were I proposing and I wouldn't want him to do it for me. It's degrading and it just looks silly. We'd have to be at eye level or something, so one of us isn't looking down on the other.

If I were not ready, how they propose wouldn't matter. I would still say no, but make the reason clear and make sure that it wouldn't colour the future of the relationship. Also, I think if I rejected them then I might have to propose next time. It'd take the pressure out of the moment because I'd already know he's ready since he asked me already :P

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well, what one of my cousin in laws did was he took my cousin to a fancy restaurant, then he gave her a puzzle, she put it together and it was a picture of him on one knee proposing and when she looked at him, he was one one knee proposing in rl.

I'd like to do something unique like that, not really sure tho.

Ayselipera

Well first of all nothing they could do to propose to me would make me more likely to say yes. I have to be 100 percent sure before agreeing to something like that! Plus I have no intentions of getting married in the first place.

Anyways I have thought about it before though and the only thing I could think up that would be really cute is if they spelled out the proposal in all cereal boxes, or cereal pieces, or tea bags. Since I love cereal and tea!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I like that commercial about Sharpies where the dude draws all over post it notes and puts them all on a board to spell out "Marry me?" But I don't really think about this a lot, haha.

Years
  • I'd want something creative and most certainly geeky :3
    I was actually talking about how i'd say "im in lesbians with you" at the alter yesterday xD

But if i were to do it i'd want to do it kinda like this. I'd put all the pokemon onto the game when the other person wasn't around and then leave a little note saying play me or something on top of it and then have them play it and read the question \o/

Years
  • Well I would want my proposal to be like this.
    You and your boyfriend/girlfriend go talk a walk at the park in december snow is falling and it's nighttime so no one is at the park. Then you have passionate kiss and the guy says something cheesy like I want to spend eternity with you.
    Then he propose.0

Years
  • 1. I have no idea. Considering that what is accepted and seen as mandatory males-propose to-females, I doubt it will happen.

2. I have no idea, as well. I'm more likely to give a "you're about to be disappointed" look, and then sweetly whisper "of course". Probably with a tight hug and a nice kiss afterward, I have no experience with marriage proposals.

3. I have no idea is getting a bit old now.. but hey it's not like I have better words to use. And to tell the truth... I have no idea.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    One time I saw this movie (I don't remember what it was, but it was from the 80's.) where the guy wrote this computer program to ask the girl on a date or something like that. I've always thought that'd be such a cute way to propose... I don't think it'd make me more likely to say yes, I probably would anyways (because what chance do I have at getting married?)

I honestly don't know how I'd propose... But I don't think I would anyways, I'd be too afraid they'd say no.

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • Well first of all nothing they could do to propose to me would make me more likely to say yes. I have to be 100 percent sure before agreeing to something like that!
    This is exactly how I feel. I wouldn't want an overly dramatic proposal, with the possibility of declining. A subtle yet meaningful proposal works for me. If I'm ready, I'm ready, no amount of skywriting or stadium proposals will change how I feel about someone.

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
  • i go somewhere to watch the sunset and wait for the girls reaction if it is the right time BAM will you marry me? girl answers YES

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • How would you propose to someone?: I'd add in something Pokemon-related similar to the OP. I'd also say "*insert future wife here*, I choose you"

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Gotta say, LOL at the idea that a method of proposal would change someone's answer. Yikes.

I haven't thought about it and I don't really care, although I would strongly prefer a non-public setting. But it's the man, not the method or the ring.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Nobody's going to propose to me. But for the sake of the thread, I think I'd like it if someone wrote a song or short story. Or just did anything creative really, I always like that.

Sooooo, if I were to ever propose my method would depend on whoever I am proposing to. I'd try and make it unique to them, maybe reminiscent of a special moment, or involving something they love.

Back