• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

breeding question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 2, 2014
    Just a quick breeding question.

If I breed a shiny pokemon with a non shiny ditto will it increase my odds of getting a shiny of the pokemon from that egg?

Then if I were to breed a shiny ditto with a shiny pokemon would I get greatly increased odds of a shiny pokemon?

Lastly if I were to use a foreign shiny ditto with a shiny pokemon from my game and country would I have greatly increased odds?

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • Breeding shiny pokemon does not increase the chances of the offspring being shiny. Look up the Masuda Method. That will help you a lot. Basically breed a foreign pokemon with a pokemon from your country and the odds of a shiny are increased by 5 times.

Years
  • The only games where I believe it was easier to breed for shiny Pokemon outside the Masuda method was in G/S/C, though that had more to do with IVs than anything. And hopefully BadPokemon was able to shed a bit more light into your questions as well, since I'm going to have to close this thread as it doesn't belong here in Pokemon General. For any future questions like this, try asking in Pokemon Gaming Central's General Quick Questions & Answers Thread, or in any of our game specific sections' counterparts.

CLOSED.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back