• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Wow. Its been a week now, and no one has answered my question.

Here is the problem.

In Advance Map, all of the warps work fine.

When I play them in the game, and I enter a door, it takes me to a different map, but out of bounds, in the black area. What is my problem?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Sorry for coming back again if I'm being annoying :(

But I can't find a tutorial ANYWHERE on how to edit level up moves or TM/HM moves on GSC (preferably Gold though)
Starting at offset 0x427BD (Gold) is a list of 251 pointers. Following a pointer will lead you to the evolutions and level‐up moves of each Pokémon. The pointers are in Pokédex order.

For instance, the 32nd pointer, at offset 0x427FB, leads to offset 0x42C46. Following it leads to this sequence of bytes:

01 10 21 00 01 2B 01 21 08 1E 0C 18 11 28 17 74 1E 1F 26 20 00

The bytes through the first 00 are evolution data, which has been explained elsewhere; the bytes through the second 00 are move data. The format is simple: two bytes, where the first is the level and the second is the move. Therefore, these bytes are interpreted like so:
  • 01 10 21 — evolves to Pokémon #33 (Nidorino) at level 16
  • 00 — no more evolutions
  • 01 2B — Leer at level 1
  • 01 21 — Tackle at level 1
  • 08 1E — Horn Attack at level 8
  • 0C 18 — Double Kick at level 12
  • 11 28 — Poison Sting at level 17
  • 17 74 — Focus Energy at level 23
  • 1E 1F — Fury Attack at level 30
  • 26 20 — Horn Drill at level 38
  • 00 — No more level‐up moves
The level‐up data is never any different from this, but here are more examples of evolutions.
Also, whats the recommended Hex editor, I'm using Windhex.
Windhex is a fine hex editor.

xadamxzzz

Pokemon Thunderstone Owner
Years
OK I have a question.I patched a project origin to a firered rom and after I make a map save the game and close A-Map...after I open it again I cant open the map again the error is like and access denied thing but I can open maps that I haven't edited yet so what do I do?

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2011
Does anyone know the number for the types for FireRed in unlz? For images that say normal/fighting/grass ect on the pokedex. I thinks it's something like 1454 in ruby but i search all of FireRed and couldn't find it...

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Alright, i'm having one problem that's prohibiting me from progressing. My warps are messed.

I've tried everything, even loading the warp's script in XSE and comparing it to warps from an original fire red's rom.

An example of the script from one of my map's warp (from the town to inside your house, which it looks strange but I wouldn't know):
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x71A92C
gotostdif 0x0 0x10
nop
nop
nop1
nop
call 0x0
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
end
The map bank and number, as well as warp number is set correctly. I even test the warp in A map and they link together.
The tiles are even set to warp. Yet when I play my rom my character just stands on top of the warp and nothing happens.

What is going on? :Y

Last edited:

RockmanEXE

Unova?
Years
  • Age 32
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Can someone please tell me how to change tiles easily?
I need new ones for the hack I'm working on, specifically the D/P/Pt ones.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Alright, i'm having one problem that's prohibiting me from progressing. My warps are messed.

I've tried everything, even loading the warp's script in XSE and comparing it to warps from an original fire red's rom.

An example of the script from one of my map's warp (from the town to inside your house, which it looks strange but I wouldn't know):
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x71A92C
gotostdif 0x0 0x10
nop
nop
nop1
nop
call 0x0
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
end
The map bank and number, as well as warp number is set correctly. I even test the warp in A map and they link together.
The tiles are even set to warp. Yet when I play my rom my character just stands on top of the warp and nothing happens.

What is going on? :Y

An update on this;
I even created a warp script and still nothing.
The character just steps on the tile and nothing happens.

SiegHart

Guardian of Time
Years
this is more of a request than a question although help would be accepted as well.
I need someone to add a world-map into a fire red rom, with the correct pallette, i have tried this, and once gotten the map to show up properly but the colors were messed up.
On the other hand, can someone point me to a detailed tutorial, other than any of the ones listed in the spoiler, that details every step of making the world-map? Including stuff such as tileset size, tilemap size, a map color pack, etc.
Spoiler:

Years
I've searched and no answer:

I made a map on 4.1, and I haven't touched SMCA. Therefore, I should spawn normally after the Oak Intro... ... right?

Well, instead I just get a black screen. This has happened on two different ROMs. Help!

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
okay this is an easy fix and oviously you didnt read before post because I awnsered this question manny times before go to insert map and insert you map at the same map spot
okay, so insert map 4.1 at 4.1 advance map will give the map a new offset

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
my issues

ok ive got a few main isues here

1. sometimes when i replace a pokemons battle sprite in unLZ GBA, a message will come up, it says somthing that sounds affirmative, like it worked right. the picture goes up on the little window and then ill go on to the next thing by hitting the next button, but when i go back all the changes ive made seem to never have happened

2. sometimes, as a result of using advance map, when i enter certian rooms of the map the rom image crashes. i have some thories. it might be the fact that i changed a map that was an outdoors map to one that was indoor map. or maybe they're rooms that i added and advance map didnt find enough room for them. that sounds likely. but when i created them it never asked me what theyre offset should be or w.e. how do i make sure there is enough room?

3. alot of times i put up a door with a warp point, but nada. it wont work. sometimes its because i didnt use the tile with the rug infront of stairs (fire red btw). sometimes its because the floor, door, and walls are form different tilesets and they all have to be the same or somthing. but sometimes i have no clue why. sometimes its even that i can go into a room but i cant get out, so the warp works from one side but not the other.... y?

help me please!! pm me, respond on here. etc etc. anything jsut help. haha

anyone who is experienced and would like to help me when i run into issues please pm me so i can ask you questions every once and again.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
1. you need to wright the changes by writing the changes into the rom by clicking wright to rom
2.look at the post above you
3.make sure your using the right blocks

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
1. you need to wright the changes by writing the changes into the rom by clicking wright to rom
2.look at the post above you
3.make sure your using the right blocks

1. did that just forgot to write it in the post
2. thanks ill try again and see if that helps.
3. yea i am trying, whenever i realize im not using them. but somtimes i am but it still wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back