• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

need to find the best special sweeper for my team :)

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
  • 4th gen and our ban list is made off of what is permitted into the battle tower/factory

My team is specs Latios,banded garchomp,DDance gyarados,banded scizor and the 5th was supposed to be mixed physically based infernape but I'm having some difficulties breeding it at the moment :/ might pick someone else

so basically my team is hyper offense none of my friends use rocks/spikes so I wanted to make a team that is basically a team of really strong sweepers I just need help filling the last slot I had planned on using a timid subroost zapdos but i decided against it because of 2 ice weaknesses and another rock weakness

I did a little research and some notable mentions are

calm mind raikou a few generations ago it was THE best special sweeper only 1 weakness and after a calm mind and life orb boost can 2hko anything thats not pink and fat

Gengar because its gengar its fast and powerful and can run lots of different sets can even run destiny bond if its going down

Alakazam I was never an alakazam fan i didnt like the idea of dying from a quick attack from a pikachu(exaggeration) but as far as I know it has the highest sp.atk of all non-ubers tied with porygon-z but is much faster than porygon-z

scarf porygon-z same as above scarf is for speed but I have too many choice items already I would prefer not to use him

rotom-w in soulsilver its typing is ghost/electric :/ but its powerful all the same it getting stap shadowball instead of stab hydropump isnt much different is quite bulky and can spread paralysis use pain slit or hit like a tank with specs all around nice bulky pokemon

togekiss nice and bulky but I hate its speed stat nasty plot is nice though along with roost

rain dance swift swim kingdra hard to set up and hard to decide what to hold damp rock for longer rain is nice but life orb is needed for a lot of ohko's also already have 2 dragons I usually only have one on each team

jolteon fast and strong simple

azelf is out of the question I already caught mine and I wont be able to get one with good ivs

if anyone has any ideas for a powerful sweeper please share it needs to be fast and strong or be able to set up and sweep bulky sweepers arent bad either but the 2 best ones have been mentioned excl cresselia

QuickSilveri

Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I believe this goes in Competitive team help. You'll get more recognition there.
    PM me if this is too much trouble.

Regards, Chris

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Please edit your thread with the following format; it's required for RMT threads.

— An easy-to-read format is preferred, but not necessary.
    Please don't change your text to the point where it's unreadable. Simplicity is the key. Adding pictures for each Pokémon is always nice as well, so that your post doesn't look like a huge wall of text. For example, a good layout to use for each of your Pokémon would be:

9twjR.png

Pokémon @ Item
    Ability (if required)
    EVs
    Nature
    - Move 1
    - Move 2
    - Move 3
    - Move 4

Additional descriptions for each your Pokémon's roles and how the team works in general is also very useful for team raters. Then again, if you can't think of anything to explain about your team, you don't need to bother adding comments.

Back