• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Self-Inserts

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • Roleplay games have a tendency to claim that you'll enjoy the game because you feel 'immersed', or 'feel as if you're part of the game' yourself. Now, thinking about this, how much do you value immersion, or the feeling that you are "part of the game"? Or, do you feel that you play certain games like this, because... they're just fun?

What are your thoughts?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Roleplay games have a tendency to claim that you'll enjoy the game because you feel 'immersed', or 'feel as if you're part of the game' yourself. Now, thinking about this, how much do you value immersion, or the feeling that you are "part of the game"? Or, do you feel that you play certain games like this, because... they're just fun?

What are your thoughts?

I really like games where you are part of the story, you develop your (your characters) ideas about the cities, NPCS, and the events which are going on.

I also love how games are giving more choices, especially RPG games, and giving more control to the player rather than being dictated to.

Whyvile

Toot your horns
    Years
  • I rarely feel that feeling, unless I'm playing something like Skyrim, with all the lights off, and headphones.

And I don't actually own headphones that connect to Playstations.

Back