• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

on "GOT HIM" bumper stickers

outfox

in
Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2013
    6a00d83452422969e2014e883b703c970d-800wi_zps0a986b50.jpg

Here we are in the White House Situation room, on the first of May in 2011, receiving an update on the hunt for Osama bin Laden. Our leaders' faces reflect that the news must have been jarring, the most human-looking being Mrs. Clinton's. Bin Laden's official date of death was the following day, many sources giving testimony to the gruesomeness of the murder.

Tonight, we are once again reminded that America can do whatever we set our mind to. That is the story of our history, whether it's the pursuit of prosperity for our people, or the struggle for equality for all our citizens; our commitment to stand up for our values abroad, and our sacrifices to make the world a safer place.

Let us remember that we can do these things not just because of wealth or power, but because of who we are.
    President Obama on the killing of bin Laden

Is a killing really an achievement that can be compared to landing on the moon or the modern form of democracy? I can't bring myself to consider it one. I would consider bin Laden having been brought to trial an acheivement, but I don't believe revenge is anything to be proud of. What do you think?

PokéZoom

~Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
  • I'd normally say no one deserves to die, but Bin Laden did deserve to die in my opinion.
    It's definitely not an achievement that could be compared to landing on the moon, but it's still a good thing that guy isn't around anymore.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I have no pity on anyone and all who purposely hurt others. It's not about who deserves to die or not, it is about taking action to prevent any more innocent casualties. However it should have been left at that and they should have pulled troops out- there's no more reason to fight IMO.

Back