• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Tuff-Fluff

Mizuken

Mastermind
Years
This is my 1 vs.1 competitive team for Black and White. I've decided to make it fairly balanced with an even number of offensive and defensive/support pokes.

547.png

Whimsicott (Tuff-Fluff) @Leftovers
Prankster
Bold
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spe
-Stun Spore
-Encore
-Leech Seed
-Substitute

The lead on my team. It can spread status, punish entry hazards or setups, or out stall some pokes if needed. I intend to not let Whimsicott die early so that he may spread some much needed paralysis late game.

609.png

Chandelure@Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
Timid
4 HP/ 252 Sat/ 252 Spe
-Overheat
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-HP Fighting

My Revenge Killer. This chandelure can come in on any attack that tries to land a super-effective hit on Whimsicott, and eliminate most weakened pokes. I chose Chandelure over Heatran for the added immunity to fighting and to hit Jelliscent harder. I still chose a timid nature because I didn't want to be completely dependent on whimsicott to spread paralysis.

121.png

Starmie@Life Orb
Natural Cure
Timid
4 HP/ 252 Sat/ 252 Spe
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin

My special attacker who can dent anything not named ferrothorn. Provides my team with a lot of coverage with bolt-beam. Pretty Standard. Can also spin away entry hazards on hazard setters who are encored by Whimsicott despite if they switch out or stay in.

612.png

Haxorus@Life Orb
Mold Breaker
Jolly
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
-Sword Dance
-Taunt
-Outrage
-Earthquake

My Physical Sweeper/ Wall Breaker. I chose a Sword Dance set because Whimsicott can paralyze faster counters and I can cripple some walls with taunt. Can put a huge dent in even most steels with outrage. If you think that this set is still outclassed by Hydreigon or another dragon I could still switch.

560.png

Scrafty@Leftovers
Shed Skin
Careful
252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Sde
-Rest
-Drain Punch
-Crunch
-Bulk Up

My attacking wall/ status absorber. This set provides some great fighting coverage and can switch in on any ghost/dark attacks aimed at Starmie or Chandelure to start setting up.

472.png

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Impish
252 HP/ 184 Def/ 72 Spe
-Taunt
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake
-Sword Dance

A decent wall, and it is my main check for both conkeldurr and excadrill. Also it is my only safe switch into EQ's.

There's the team. I am aware that I lack priority attacks for fast sweepers or steel types to take boosted outrages or draco meteors. If you think my team desperately needs these qualities, I am certainly open for suggestions.

Last edited:

pokecole

Brave Frontier is great.
Years
One word, personally one of my favorite sweepers, the master, the legend, SCIZOR! technitian + bullet punch + STAB+high base attack = hole in the opponent's entire team. If you use it you'll need to have someone to absorb fire type moves. I remember i had one poke left and my scizor took out his entire team, dragonite almost killed me though but lets just say stealth rock is nice to have

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
^ I don't see why you're suggesting Scizor when you don't even provide any reasoning. :(

You have a pretty heavy Trick Room Reuniclus weak - if things like Haxorus or Gliscor get even moderate prior damage, everything on your team is being OHKOd. :( I'd mention something else but I'm too lazy for a full-out rate right now. :x

edit: lol stupid/tired/etc

Last edited:

Mizuken

Mastermind
Years
@Vrai
Just to point out some irony in your statement, Scizor, as I understand it, is a good check for trick room reuniclus considering bullet punch is a 2HKO (according to Dark Azelf's threat list) and is unaffected by trick room.

Besides that, you're right. I was being very shortsighted when I didn't consider reuniclus a threat because none of my pokes were psychic weak. This just supports that maybe I need something with priority attacks. My best hope right now is encoring reuniclus with whimsicott since most sets will attempt to calm mind or trick room.

Last edited:

Mizuken

Mastermind
Years

Actually, one of your Pokemon is weak to Psychic. Read: Chandelure and Trick Room Reuniclus screws that guy up.

Might I ask which poke is weak to psychic?

Edit: Dragonomega just beat me to my reply, but yeah! if you were referring to chandelure, or anyone else on the team for that matter, you are mistaken. The error on my part was that a good number of my team is weak to a fighting/ghost combination that reuniclus carries. Only Gliscor and Whimsicott have enough bulk to take the hit. Anything else is too frail or takes a super-effective damage.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Just goes to show that I change when I use different accounts, but yeah whatever you say Trick Room Reuniclus still poops over this team. :|

I'll try putting Taunt somewhere. Taunt over Encore/Substitute on Whimsicott would work. Perhaps even Taunt over Fling on Gliscor, but I still think putting Taunt on Whimsicott is better.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I think people should learn to Pokemon/learn type weaknesses tbh lol. =/

Anyways, Sp.Def Scizor would work over Scrafty tbh to cover Reuniclus. Gliscor already takes status so Scrafty seems very useless.

Also;

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
Trait : Poison Heal
- Taunt
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Is the best set imo. You NEED Ice Fang for Garchomp and Landlorus who crush your team otherwise. You need Taunt to not be set up bait and in conjunction with SD lets you beat alot of teams and set up on crap like Conkeldurr.

As for Scizor;

Scizor@ Leftovers
232 HP / 96 Atk / 180 Sp.D
Adamant Nature
Trait : Technician
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Another good reason for Scizor is because "<Dragon> used Draco Meteor, nice teem dood" ~_~ lol

Also Chandelure is a pretty terrible Scarfer honestly. Not only is it slow as hell and doesn't beat anything after a boost, its SR weak and made semi useless by Politoed just switching in lol. :\ Id honestly get something to deal/change with weather in its slot because foe teams who CAN control the weather just drill this team.

Whimsicott also sucks ass imo. Its ironically set up bait for the most common Pokemon in the game aka Ferrothorn when its supposed to stop set ups rofl. x_x

Mizuken

Mastermind
Years
Not only is it slow as hell and doesn't beat anything after a boost, its SR weak

If my numbers are correct, A scarfed, beneficial nature chandelure should outspeed all EV'd, beneficial nature base 115's and all non EV'd base 130's (electrode included). And stealth rocks aren't guaranteed since Starmie is somewhat built to take care of them.

That aside, I do have reservations about chandelure. While it does have decent speed with the scarf, it doesn't have quite enough killing power to make sure the enemy doesn't retaliate if the move isn't super effective.

Id honestly get something to deal/change with weather in its slot because foe teams who CAN control the weather just drill this team.

Do you have any suggestions? All I can think of is Tyrannitar or replacing Haxorus with Kingdra.

Whimsicott also sucks ass imo. Its ironically set up bait for the most common Pokemon in the game aka Ferrothorn when its supposed to stop set ups rofl.

This is new to me. What is it that ferrothorn does that stops whimsicott from punishing entry hazards. I know ferrothorn can't be seeded, but I never intended for whimsicott to outstall him anyway.

I like the Gliscor set, though. I'll change that right away.

Back