• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon World or our world

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • if you had an opportunity, to become a Pokémon trainer in the Pokémon world with a strong Pokémon, but the catch was you had to leave everything and everybody in this world, would you do so??? yes or no... why or why not???

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I actually don't know! I wouldn't want to leave everyone here but if I could keep my memories and have Pokémon and go on adventures etc and go to gyms then that would be really cool, I might take a few friends with me hahaha. Just uhh yeah I don't know actually XD

Years
  • I hate everything. I hate everyone and wish nothing but the worst for everyone and their terrible lives. There is no life more terrible than my own, but at the same time, I believe that all of our lives' are similar, and yours is terrible, too. Nothing has been taken away from me because I had nothing all along. I am alone. You are alone. The moments where we believe that we 'understand' one another and have something special are lies. The excitement and stimulation that we share is the unhealthy euphoria of the human experience that our entire civilization is built upon. Every connection I've ever had with anyone has been a mutually-agreed-upon lie, until we broke the mutual agreement, and entered into a nuclear war where we took out our own anger at ourselves or one another. We never had any hope. I do not believe that there is any beauty in the world, and any one who creates anything that tries to inspire people to feel otherwise is an ugly, filthy liar. Said artist is probably living in a dreamworld, spreading dreamworld propoganda to the masses. I am not depressed. I am coming to terms with reality. I hate everything. Culture. Music. Technology The Internet. Film. TV. My friends. My family. All of the things I own. The things I am wearing. The things that I once believed made 'me.' The dreams that I once had that I thought would fulfill me. I am just trapped 'doing crap all', and 'talking about that bullcrap' and it doesn't even matter. For many years, I have only cared about myself. Every time I have empathized with any one else, or shared a special moment, I was actually having an inwardly vulnerable moment where I was just fighting against loneliness and isolation. I hate everything. I truly believe that there is nothing left for me to accomplish in this world. I believe that even if I accomplished anything, it wouldn't matter. There is no amount of money, critical acclaim, or abstract buzz that could make me feel like I had done something meaningful. Any one who has ever felt 'proud' of something that they have done is a simpleton, searching for praise from people with distorted values. I hate everything, and I have given up on the pyramid scheme known as 'the human spirit.' There is nothing left for me in this world. I hate everything and everyone and the world will never be a better place and there is nothing that I could/should/would of done to make it a better place or even obsess over making other people happy just to make myself happy.

So my answer is yes. I have nothing to lose. I might actually have a meaningful reason to exist again instead of just rotting away.

Last edited:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Yeah, I'm up for something new and fun to do. It sounds like a cool world and to be honest, I wouldn't mind leaving everyone behind. That makes me sound heartless, but come on, it's the Pokemon world. And I don't have much to lose since I'm still young, so why not?

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I think most of the users here are in their teens and twenties, myself included. As such you're going to see a pattern: we don't yet have much tieing us down to where we are.

If you asked 30-40 somethings who had children, spouses, and professional careers if they would mind going off to live in another dimension, you'd get some very different answers.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    No. I love my friends and my family, I love having a secure life and not having to do a lot of physical exercise, I don't want to uproot myself into a relatively unknown, dangerous world with no friends and family and no way to support myself (beyond beating kids up for their lunch money like the games).

I would have preferred to be born in that universe, but not uprooted to live there now.

User19sq

I'd go to the Pokemon World, definately. I mean, this world's boring me at the moment. And there's almost no one that I care about. Nothing for me here, might as well throw my trash away and move to the treasure.

Mysterious

ahahaha NOPE
    Years
  • To be honest, I'm not that sure. :/

While I would't mind going over to the Pokemon world to battle and finally get a (alive) Pikachu, I wouldn't trade off my friends and family so easily so I could go to a place where I don't know anyone.

Years
  • getting a fresh start in a new world? why not? I mean, leaving what few friends I have behind would be kinda sad, but living out a dream of mine that I've had since I was little would make it worth all the while.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Nope. Sure, it would probably be epic if everything was what it is like in the games, but I have too much here to leave it behind. Friends, family, lover, school... I even have some ambitions nowadays (that's not a too common thing!). Pokémon is something I like for fun, not for life. I guess I'm a bit pessimistic but I can't see myself leaving this life even if the pokémon world was real.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • This world, definitely. Despite the flaws, our world at least has a large network of restaurants and hotels to serve travelers. Plus there is no way on earth I would embark on a journey similar to that in Pokemon unless I had a seventh partner with me... a V-8 powered, 4,000 pound, four-door partner equipped with power seats, air conditioning, and premium stereo system, if you catch my drift. No car = no training, in which case I'd rather stay put right where I am.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2019
    if i had to i would kill my first born child (if i ever have one) just to go to pokeworld - our world sucks and if you ask me we are living in the most "boring" time this world can come to...

Years
  • [SIZE="a"]Oh it sounds really hard to choose. >.<. Can't we at least take one person in the pokemon world? XD. I always wanted that pokemon are real.[/SIZE]

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't really have much of a reason to stay here. It's boring and while I care about people, I can live on my own and adventuring sound so much better than sitting in my room all day and occasionally hanging out with someone or going to work. Sure.

Back