• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The turtle and the paralyzed hare

Years
Rate and fix my paralyze support team pls
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Traits: Serene Grace
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
This set is quite self-explantory. Jirachi is used to spread paralysis and flinch opponent to death. The EVs given to make Jirachi bulky so him (her) actually can tank some hit such as Scarfed Landorus Earthquake. Thunder Wave to paralyze Ghost and Body Slam take care of Ground type. Golurk is too slow to be concerned about anyway...

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Traits: MultiScale
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
- Roost
One of the few dragon have tanking ability. MultiScale and Careful nature makes Ice Beam sometimes 3HKO him and before that get paralyzed and knock away by a home run of Dragon Tail. This dude spread paralysis easier thanks to ability to phaze.

Haxorus (M) @ Leftovers
Traits: Mold Breaker
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
Thanks to paralysis support, an Adamant Nature and extra HP EVs can be run for more bulk and power. Dual Chop become more powerful than Outrage after a SD most of the time thanks to Haxorus montrous 147 Base Atk. Dual Chop can also be used to deal with Sub user and breaking through sashes. Earthquake and Brick Break for coverage. Leftovers is used for longevity because Life Orb and Dual Chop don't have much synergy.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trats: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Bug Bite
My REVENGE killer. Works awesomely even without the paralysis support. Make opp slower make him sweep easier with BB.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Traits: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
Special tanker and supporter. Wish can heal off damage Jirachi and Rotom-W taken. Max Deffense is given to hold it ground against powerful fighting attack that dominate the tier. Stealth Rock to do residual damage and break Sashes.

Heracross (M) @ Toxic Orb
Traits: Guts
EVs: 4 HP /252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Swords Dance
The forgotten wonder of the ADV metagame. Its Spd is the only reason that this Herculean beetle disappeared from OU metagame. Thanks to paralysis support, he's back for more. Spd EVs and Jolly nature to make him not-so-useless when opposing Pokémon is not paralyzed.

It's really exhausting to come up with and type those descriptions down. Now I know how Smogon folks feel...

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
For Jirach, choose between Body Slam and Thunder Wave. I can kind of see why you have both, but for the most part, it's better to stick to one or the other so that moveslots are freed (for something like Fire Punch to deal with Steels). I'd also use Substitute over Zen Headbutt to block status and ease prediction before you paralyze something. Use this EV spread too; it provides a bit more bulk and power, at the cost of Speed (which should be made up for by paralysis): 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spe.

Use Outrage over Dual Chop on Haxorus; it really needs the power here, and there are times when Dual Chop can't KO something (and SD-boosted Outrage is stronger than SD-boosted Dual Chop). You can also consider a double-dancing set with Dragon Dance so that Haxorus can fix its average Speed.

If you're using Aggron, Brick Break is redundant with Earthquake. Use a secondary STAB move like Iron Head or Iron Tail; you can also use Aqua Tail to help deal with bulky Grounds like Hippowdon.

Years
Actually DC is more powerful than Outrage because it abuse Haxorus montrous attack power twice and can OHKO Sashed Cloyster.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Um no its not @ op.

Dual Chop: 40 (hit 1) + 40 (hit two) = 80 + STAB = 120 BP

Outrage: 120 + STAB = 180 BP

Also sash Cloyster argument is pretty moot considering Jirachi pretty much poops on it.

You lack Stealth Rocks also, so id suggest squeezing them in. Put it on Blissey over Heal Bell, putting Softboiled over Wish and moving Wish to Jirachi. Heracross and Blissey can take status for you so tbh i dont see Heal Bell as even needed.

Toxic Orb >>>> Burn Orb also. Chances are Hera wont be staying in more than 3 turns, so Toxic Orb will cause less net damage;

Burn Orb

Turn 1. 12%
Turn 2. 12%

24% damage over turns.

Toxic Orb

Turn 1. 6%
Turn 2. 12%

18% damage over two turns.

As you can see.

Rotom wants Volt Switch > Thunderbolt to keep your teams momentum. Pain Split is also much more useful than HP Ice really.

The main concern here is just lack of speed pretty much, i know you have T-Wave support and all but if something gets in ONE boost you're pretty much 6-0'd. Id probably look into replacing Aggron/Heracross for something with priority or something faster like a scarfer to give you some revenge killing capability.

Last edited:
Back