• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Much Longer Do You Think You Will Still Be Interested In Pokémon?

How much longer do you think you'll like Pokémon?

• 1 year or less

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 2-5 years

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • 6-10 years

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • 11-20 years

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • More than 20 years

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
Years
  • Do you think you'll outgrow Pokémon over time? How many years more do you think you'll still like it? Or do you really think you'll like it forever?

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • I don't think i'd ever get tired of pokemon.
    And even if i stopped playing games, i'd still think of them as nostalgic things.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Even if I lose interest, I'll still look back on it in years to come and remember the great times I had involving the series when I was young. It's been a major part of my life and always will be.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I will give it up (probably in around 2 - 5 years). This same day i actually had a look at my childhood Pokémon cards - good memories :). I'll always make sure i have a few left so i can look back at my childhood.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My interest in Pokémon is already fading, actually. It's not that I've grown out of the series, it's just that I'm losing interest in training and raising Pokémon and all that stuff. Who knows, though, I might get back into Pokémon. XD; I will still remember all the fun I had with Pokémon years from now, and I don't think I'd ever truly grow out of it. Lose interest, yes, but not grow out of it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2009
    In my opinion Pokemon Is endless for me, I'll never stop adoring the cute lil' creature that created the fantasy happiness in my childhood!:)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've never stopped loving Big Bird, so I don't intend on losing interest in Pokemon.

In fact, if I get a video game that's not Pokemon, I'll play it for a while...and go back to playing Pokemon. Simple as that. I grow out of other things, like Harry Potter(still haven't finished the 7th book), A Series of Unforunate Events, lots of things.

Stuff I started on from a young age won't go away. So...I'll be on it for years to come. :D

Years
  • Well I'm sixteen now.
    I think that liking something like Pokemon is hardest so to speak, when you're at this age. Simply because a teenager is easily impressionable to reject things because of its image.

But I'm sticking with it now, so I don't see why I would drop it later on.
    Pokemon always cheers me up, along with some good music. That's something special, right. =]

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • I'll always have a.. "place" for Pokemon, though it won't be on the top of my to-do list. I think it would be a shame to just give up Pokemon cold turkey, especially after I've stored countless numbers of information in my brain ^^;

Acrutheo

The boundless night~
    Years
  • It's hard to tell. My interest in it has had its ups and downs, and right now it's on quite a high. If I had to make an estimate, it'd probably be in around 4-6 years, but I could be completely wrong. If you asked me when I was eleven whether I'd still be interested in pokemon when I was fifteen, the answer would probably be "no", but here I am. XD;

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
  • Every half a year (usually) I go into a complete Pokémon frenzy mode and remember how much I love the series. It's probably unnatural (I do it with a lot of series' though. ATM I'm in Final Fantasy mode, when just over a week ago I was in Pokémon mode... I'll prolly go back into Pokémon mode in a few weeks though.)

I'm 17 and I've liked Pokémon since it started. I think anyone who's going to grow out of it has done so already. Anyone still here is here to stay ^^

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Pokemon has been a huge part of my life and I can't see myself throwing all of those great memories away for the near future. If I can, I'll hopefully still buy the franchise for the next decade before I decide Nintendo/Gamefreak have completely destroyed it. It'll always be a part of me, and I really can't tell you how long my interest in Pokemon itself (not the franchise) is going to last.

Years
  • I can't really tell. I mean I have been interested in it for over ten years now and the only thing that has wavered with it is the fact that I have grown tired of the anime, otherwise my liking for the games, cards ect are perfectly fine. I don't think I will grow tired of the games and such, I like them too much, as long as new games are available to purchase, I don't think I will ever abandon it to be honest with you.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    For me, I'll probably start losing interest in it bit by bit until I either stop caring about it or reminisce about it on occasion. Of course, I don't think that'll happen anytime soon considering I'm still quite into it, but I suppose once I start working for real and live on my own, I'll probably stop with the fandom. But then I suppose after that, once I've settled down and everything, I'll just pick it right back up. xD

Back